Help making a pattern for logo?

Sicasaurus

Question

4 answers to this question

This is a really simple design, but I think it will be a hard one to do unless you use really fine yarn or even doily cotton--because of the gradual widening of the arms toward the center, you'd have to use several stitches across to achieve this.  If I were doing a one-off for myself, I'd make a patch and do it in doily thread, but this would be a lot of work to do several for a team.

Would just a less refined 1 stitch-wide slanted "X" suffice, if you were thinking of doing this in worsted weight?  Get some graph paper (you can even find it online and print a sheet if you don't have any handy) and sketch out the design (1 grid = 1 SC stitch).  Since you are making oblique lines, which can be a bit jaggedy in crochet, after you are done you could outline it with surface slip stitch (sort of like embroider but with a crochet hook, very easy to do, and you could use it to finesse the tapering a tiny bit too).

Is this a company you own or one you work for? Just so that we cover ourselves legally relating to copyright/trademark issues, if this is your employer's logo, I suggest you ask for permission to reproduce the logo in a crochet accessory.

Once all legal permissions are out of the way, you can use software that produces cross-stitch charts or the Microrevolt website to create a pattern chart by uploading the photo.

As others have stated, to reproduce the one on the right, you're going to need to use a very fine yarn to capture all the detail. If you used a larger yarn to do the logo on the left all in one color, your edges are going to be a little jagged due to the size and shape of the crochet stitches. To help with that, you could use the same yarn to embroider an outline around the logo.

It's a direct sales company for health and wellness products called Plexus , so as long as it's compliant, they encourage us to use the company name and logo on clothes, cars, etc., to advertise for ourselves.

I don't mind sewing it onto the items as an applique and I also don't mind if it's not exactly like the picture, as long as it's that x shape, pretty much.

I'm just pretty new to crochet so I'm not entirely sure how to go about it.

You've received some good suggestions on how to proceed with this. However, since you're fairly new to crochet, I'm not sure you'll have the time necessary to create your own pattern, work out any kinks, and make all the items you need. If you decide to try some of the suggestions given, I hope you're successful! :)

Just a reminder: We do not allow promotion/advertising of non-crochet-related businesses, and specifically not home party plans/direct sales companies here on Crochetville, so I've had to edit out your promotional offer from your post. Please do not encourage anyone to contact you about your Plexus business in posts or private messages. In case you're interested, this is covered in our Free Advertising Policies if you want to read the specific details.

Archived