Monday Hunt For Yarn! :(

mrsnjonesjr

I was hoping to finish this quick bulky soft blanket. Kids have spring break and I wanted to finish while at the park during their activities. Well, I ran out of the yarn.  :no  I go to Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Jo Ann's in town today with no luck. Even seeing sales on the same brand just not the right color. I finally had to order some online. BUMMER! I'm sure you ladies have been in the same boat.  :cry  :cry

I'm so disappointed - I had extra time to finish my blanket. I'm even on vacation for once from work. Hoping my yarn arrives in the next few days.  :cheer  :cheer

post-77137-0-10685200-1458008492_thumb.jpg

Been there, done that. I feel for you sweetie.

Thank you! I was on the hunt for office supplies Friday and found another Michael's about 20 minutes away from me and what do you know - they had my yarn and on clearance. BUT, I had already purchased my yarn online and am still waiting for it to arrive. HAHAHA! I just stood there with my mouth open when I saw it. Can't believe I forgot about that other location.  :bang

Oh, well! Hopefully my yarn gets delivered today so I have some of the weekend to work on my blanket.  :yes

You lucky duck! 20 minutes from a craft/yarn store to me would be heavenly. I drive 1 hour to a small Jo-Ann's and 2 hours to all the rest. We do make a great day of it though. The Hubster just drops me off then he goes to his stores then I call him when I'm ready to go to the next.

Did the yarn arrive yesterday? Looking forward to the finished afghan pics.

Yeah, I am really lucky to have so many yarn stores around me; However, your day out with the hubby sounds so much fun too! A day trip looking at yarn is a fun day to me.  :cheer You may really be the lucky one because it makes your trip so special.  :D

So, my yarn did not arrive this weekend.  :no  In the meantime, I've been working on some washcloths for my mom who just remodeled her kitchen. It's been nice and I can't wait to post photos of both my blanket and my washcloth.  :tup

mrsnjonesjr, on 20 Mar 2016 - 6:19 PM, said:

Yeah, I am really lucky to have so many yarn stores around me; However, your day out with the hubby sounds so much fun too! A day trip looking at yarn is a fun day to me.  :cheer You may really be the lucky one because it makes your trip so special.  :D

So, my yarn did not arrive this weekend.  :no  In the meantime, I've been working on some washcloths for my mom who just remodeled her kitchen. It's been nice and I can't wait to post photos of both my blanket and my washcloth.  :tup

Definitely special Mrs. Jones. I am truly blessed.

I look forward to seeing your completed washcloths and blanket. Washcloths make the best gifts and quick to make in a pinch.

Your dishcloth turned out wonderful! Keep up the great work.

Ohhh- so glad that yarn finally turned up for you. Yippee!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I was on the hunt for office supplies Friday and found another Michael's about 20 minutes away from me and what do you know - they had my yarn and on clearance. BUT, I had already purchased my yarn online and am still waiting for it to arrive. HAHAHA! I just stood there with my mouth open when I saw it. Can't believe I forgot about that other location.  :bang

If that timing was that important to get that yarn as soon as possible. You should have bought that yarn at Michael's. And just "refused" to except that package with yarn that you ordered on line. You can ONLY refuse a package at the time of delivery and that package can NOT be open!. That way you will get all your money back AND you do not need to pay to ship that back.

I know that is probably not very nice to do that.

I only did that once a few months ago. That was a different problem, that company deserved that. They sent me a special pot which I was trying to order on Tel.. From the start they took my credit card # and than one by one I started finding out of ALL those extra charges they were going to add to that. I told them, I do NOT want that pot!! and I hang-up. One week later I got that pot delivered to my house. That is why I did not excepted that, I needed to teach those crook's a lesson!.

Krys

If that timing was that important to get that yarn as soon as possible. You should have bought that yarn at Michael's. And just "refused" to except that package with yarn that you ordered on line. You can ONLY refuse a package at the time of delivery and that package can NOT be open!. That way you will get all your money back AND you do not need to pay to ship that back.

I know that is probably not very nice to do that.

I only did that once a few months ago. That was a different problem, that company deserved that. They sent me a special pot which I was trying to order on Tel.. From the start they took my credit card # and than one by one I started finding out of ALL those extra charges they were going to add to that. I told them, I do NOT want that pot!! and I hang-up. One week later I got that pot delivered to my house. That is why I did not excepted that, I needed to teach those crook's a lesson!.

Krys

Yes! You're right I could have refused the delivery.

What an awful company you ordered from that is completely unacceptable to add all those "hidden" charges. Grrrrr... :(

Archived