Mermaid tail blanket help!

Nadmars

Question

Hi!

I a beginner crocheter and have completed a few amigurimi dolls for my daughter. I am now making my first large project a mermaid tail blanket, essentially her legs slide into the blanket.

I ordered this pattern from etsy and am confused.

Here is the instruction I am confused about

Row 1: ch 21 , sc in 2nd ch and in each across. (this I did)

Rotate your work and continue to sc down the other side of the ch (did this). Join with a sl st.

I am not sure where to join with a slip stitch?? Because the pattern then says (the tail pattern is worked in a round, just keep going at the end of each row, but do mark the first stitch of each row with a marker because later on youll need to count some stitches for the increase and change the stitch)

This is throwing me, do I slip stitch the left and right ends to Crochet in the round when she just said to keep going at the end of each row? I have no idea where to slip stich

The following instruction if this helpe is : row 2-16 : hdc across (40 hdc)

Any help at all is very appreaciated!

4 answers to this question

Hi! 

Well, without seeing the pattern it's quite hard to say for sure, but if I had to guess I would say you slip stitch to the first stitch of the row (to make a circle). So, at this point you have 2 rows of sc. Then join both ends with a slip stitch. Then just keep working in a circle. 

I am sorry if this isn't very helpful, I tried my best to understand it  :)

Good luck!

I think you are to work in the opposite side of the chain doing this will create a tube effect (like for cellphone case) or large things like the body of the mermaid to create the tube effect (for the legs) as for the spot where the first stitch will start for round 2 is you will then do the HDC into the next stitch (this being the first stitch but as you ago around you will just hdc  into that stitch when you come a back around in doing this your create a new row/not a join line........hope this helped... you will continue to go around and around this will create a tube w/ no join line....

http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-on-opposite-side-of-chain/

I agree with Quare and Jayashiangel, but I'm going to describe it a different way....

You know how with amigurumi you start with a tight circle and then continue spiraling around?  With this you're starting with an oval, instead of a circle.  You'll then continue spiraling around. 

Your join is the first sc that you made to complete the oval. 

It looks like this .....

xxxxxxxxxxxx                    <--- Start

x--------------  join

xxxxxxxxxxxx                    <--- Other side of the chain

Archived