Help! desperately looking for ROOSTER afghan pattern!

hershey038

Question

I sure am hoping some of you might can help me! I remember sometime in the 80's crocheting a rooster afghan from a pattern and cannot find it anywhere.. If memory serves me correctly this was out of a Crochet World magazine and it was like the Grand Winner or First Place pattern, although I might be remembering wrong. I know I can see the afghan just like it was yesterday.. I was only a beginner but determined to learn it.

It was done by a graph pattern in dc.. it was a multi-colored like a Rhode Island Red Rooster done on a white background and it had a multi-colored border around that.. this was not cross-stitched onto background, it was done by a graph with color changes and carrying colors along the back. If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it!! For some reason the memory of the time I had working this pattern popped in my mind and now it is like I have just GOT to do this again!!! TIA

8 answers to this question

I had a huge post over in our little group and apparently it just disappeared when I hit post... Anyway, I had found a pattern and posted the link there and it may or may not be the one you were looking for but I figured any suggestion is better than none!  :)

Imperial Rooster Afghan

Is this per chance the pattern? Info states it is from a Crochet World issue.

You might consider sending a note directly to Crochet World. I have had success in finding older and vintage patterns by contacting magazines and yarn companies. :) 

Thank you Sandra and Nikki!!! But OOOHHHHH ReniC --- YOU DID IT!!!! I have been searching and searching!! This was like only the 4th or 5th project I had ever done and only had been crocheting a few months when I did this...many many years ago as you can see. I did a pretty good job in the fact that it looked okay and it was used in the family living room for many many years. I don't know what ever happened to it since I divorced many years ago and it also got left behind but was thinking about it ( literally a blast from the past) and thought if I can find that I want to do it again! Thank you!!!! :ty :day

You're welcome Michelle. I hope you can get the pattern and if you do get to make it again, you know we will want to see it. :D 

Well just an update on the rooster afghan...  :(    ReniC, I went to order just as soon as I saw the link, but the seller let me know that she had just sold the magazine right before I contacted her. I am trying to find out which edition it was to contact Crochet World. Wish me luck.

But Nikki, I so appreciate your time looking for me.. that Imperial Rooster is beautiful too, but the other was for so many emotional reasons...  If I can't get ahold to the other pattern though, I may just go ahead and do this one...

Thank you ladies!!! :)

Michelle: The pattern is by Wanda Blalock. (Link for info- scroll down to the magazine)

On the link you provided, there is a drop down arrow to see other photos and the magazine cover. It shows the Crochet World Omnibook- Fall 1985- Volume 7, Issue #2. Click on the photo itself to zoom and be easier to read. Maybe that will help.

Be sure to check ebay also. There is just the pattern from the book on there currently (Canadian). I'm not sure if that's copyright infringement or not, but last I read, the original pattern can be sold, just not copies of such.

Amazon.com has a 3rd party seller of that particular magazine issue. No inside photos though.

Archived