redrosesdz

Jude's Layette (pic heavy) - Pic of Jude Added

ETA:  Jude in his layette!

post-57407-0-06145500-1459006455_thumb.jpg

My grandson, Jude, will be here in 5 weeks (give or take a few days)!  I am so excited!!  I worked hard on his layette.  It's not perfect, but it's filled with lots of love.  I spent almost as many hours searching as I did making it.

The blanket is my first tunisian entralac.  It's not that hard to do, but it's terribly monotonous. I lost count and had to frog more times than I care to think about.  It seemed to take forever to do.  Although my pic is slanted, the blanket is square.  I made it 64 squares, so it can be used for chess/checkers after it's done being a blanket.

I couldn't find a layette pattern to match the blanket, so I mixed one I had already done with the blanket's border.  I'm thrilled with the buttons that I found.

I can't wait until he arrives and I can take pics with him in it!!

post-57407-0-48183700-1456414173_thumb.jpgpost-57407-0-50330100-1456414201_thumb.jpgpost-57407-0-66625900-1456414250_thumb.jpgpost-57407-0-23990300-1456414227_thumb.jpgpost-57407-0-59820300-1456414279_thumb.jpgpost-57407-0-08842600-1456414308_thumb.jpgpost-57407-0-44462500-1456414330_thumb.jpg

Edited by redrosesdz
  • Like 3

How beautiful!  Jude will be "styling" with that outfit!  Love the blanket too and those buttons are just adorable!

• Like 1

OMGoodness- the set is beautiful! You did a fine job on every piece. Your grandson will sure to be very cute in his new outfit.

• Like 1

Jude is going to be the best dressed baby in town. The set is beautiful.

• Like 1

Adorable, it turned out perfect!

• Like 1

Jude is one lucky baby to have such a talented and loving "Grammy"..... I LOVE the border on the blanket...and the whole checkers/ blanket idea

• Like 1

So cute.  I love the colors and he will be sporting a beautiful outfit

• Like 1

What a beautiful set! That's also a great idea to use the blanket for checkers.

• Like 1

Ooh, I missed this earlier--I love it, especially the border!  And what cute buttons!

• Like 1

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 1

Krys,

That's fine!  This is an old thread, anyway.  By the way, your Easter things are adorable!!  I'll post when you get your thread going.  Good luck!  I hope Amy figures it out for you.  :)

Wow. Stunning!!! This is the most beatiful layette pattern I have probably ever seen, and you certainly did it justice!

Edited by richsgirl
  • Like 1