Posting picture?

CraftyHooker

Question

16 answers to this question

Hey, this is completely off topic but have either one of you used the stitch works software? I found out it is now free and just downloaded it and was wondering how everyone likes it. I am VERY new to chart patterns despite my 20+ years of crocheting

I know very little about StitchWorks.  I've read posts about it and I remember the original developer of it went incommunicado at one point, but apparently it is available again.  On the main page for it, if you click on Forums it akes you to a board on Ravelry which is probably the best place to find people that are using it.  

Personally if i need to diagram something it just do it with paper and pencil and that's good enough for me to read it, which is all i need.  Well I have a few times made a little diagram and photographed that to put in a post when I needed a graphic to "say" something.   Hmm maybe I should look into Sttichworks, if it is pretty easy to use it might come in handy....if my poor ole brain can handle learning it.   :rofl

I am sorry, but I've had to remove the link to the translated pattern. We can only allow links to translations that are being made available by the original designer/publisher of the pattern.

I would say to just pick whichever rounds you like the look of and keep repeating them.  If it doesn't lay flat, rip back and subtract or add stitches as needed.  Or that's what i would do.  More math-inclined crocheters would probably figure out the rate of increase and be sure to do that on each round, so they wouldn't have to rip so much ;-)  

Crafty, I really don't think that link meets the site guidelines re copyright.  It seems to be a pdf that somebody has tried to translate from the original language, which would violate the copyright of the original pattern.  

If you are making a circle and you make the whole circumference bigger, then the collar will be that much wider, and whatever is folded back at the arms will be wider.  Also the will be more fabric att he front where the edges come together.  Is that the look you want?  

If you took a picture of a crocheted object, even if you didn't make it, it's OK to post.  Example:  you saw a hat in a store & snapped a pic, and wanted to make one like it, you could post if you wanted help to find a similar pattern.  Some have posted pics they took of heirloom objects and want to find the pattern or ask for advice on how to repair it.  You own the copyright to the photos, so it's OK.  

But I'm not sure if this is your question - do you mean you want to make a project physically larger (like a baby blanket into an adult-sized one)?    I just saw that you replied as I'm typing - if it's a free pattern but you can't directly link, tell us the pattern name and a bit of help with where you found it (Mary Smith's blog or wherever).

you can see the site guidelines  under the Town Hall section of the forums.

it's never ok to post a photo of a pattern page, if that's what you're asking about.  you can tell us what the pattern is, the name of it and what book it is in, or where you bought it.  

if you took a photo of a finished item someone made, I think it would be ok to post that.  it is not ok to post someone else's photo, as far as i know.  

Archived