ReniC

Cotton Hotpad/Potholders

After reading and commenting about cotton yarns not too many days ago, here, I decided to get serious about using up a bin full of Peaches & Cream I knew I wouldn't make anything for myself with. Rummaging through trying to find matching lavenders, I came across a ball of scented lavender. I forgot they even made it for awhile. I never did find any other scents other than the lavender when it was available. For this 3 pc set I used 1.5 balls of the variegated lavender and 1 ball of the scented solid lavender.

Don't let the Star hotpad intimidate you. It is way easy to make. I added 1 extra row of the scented solid lavender on the outside to make it just a tad bit wider for larger pans.

Star Flower Pattern  (10")

Mielke's Dbl Thick Potholder (7")

post-17452-0-15414700-1454699992_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 4

So pretty.  I keep wanting to try the flower or star one.

Thank you ladies!

Mary Jo: Go for it. I made the star in one day. Of course that might have gone quicker than normal because I was trying to get rid of that smelly cotton. I love lavender but, it does not like me. Lol

Check out the project photos on Ravelry. I was just trying to find a few color ideas. There are so many different color schemes to use.

Oh cute! I love the colors and the flower one turned out awesome in that color! Nicely done!

Those are awesome, I love the flower

Very pretty. I also keep wanting to do the star pattern, one day.

Nice!  Yes, those flower ones are fun, it's been a while but if I remember they sort of fold themselves into shape.

I think they still sell the scented yarn, I saw it at Joanns recently.  Oh look, it's on sale...   http://www.joann.com/lily-sugar-n-cream-scents-yarn/10822146.html  I could see using a scented hotpad , but the thought of crocheting with it .. not so much.

Nice!  Yes, those flower ones are fun, it's been a while but if I remember they sort of fold themselves into shape.

I think they still sell the scented yarn, I saw it at Joanns recently.  Oh look, it's on sale...   http://www.joann.com/lily-sugar-n-cream-scents-yarn/10822146.html  I could see using a scented hotpad , but the thought of crocheting with it .. not so much.

Well lookie there. They do still sell it.

It was tough using the lavender scent this time around. I sneezed quite a bit but got it finished. The Hubster said I was sneezing to the beat of my hook! LOL I would have done much better with one of the other fragrances I'm sure.

I while ago I got a accidentally ball of Lemon something of peach & cream I had the same issue sneezing like the devil....Never again buy that by mistake ....

Reni- I love me that star I am so :think  :eek jealous.....

Jayashiangel, on 09 Feb 2016 - 6:23 PM, said:Jayashiangel, on 09 Feb 2016 - 6:23 PM, said:

I while ago I got a accidentally ball of Lemon something of peach & cream I had the same issue sneezing like the devil....Never again buy that by mistake ....

Reni- I love me that star I am so :think  :eek jealous.....

That doesn't sound too good with the lemon scent either then. Guess I'll steer clear.

Thank you Jayashiangel. I'm not kidding when I say it's easy to make. I'm going to make another with the stash later on. I saw a striped one on Pinterest I really like.

Edited by ReniC

I love the flower hotpad, and since seeing yours, I have made 5 of them so far this week, and the 6th is on my hook!

beckyb, on 12 Feb 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

I love the flower hotpad, and since seeing yours, I have made 5 of them so far this week, and the 6th is on my hook!

Good for you!!!! Pretty easy huh? Can't wait to see them. I was just thinking I should make one for my SIL before she goes home.