Why is there a hole?

dianna_lynn

Question

8 answers to this question

This is the way I usually do it. When you are doing your slip stitch,  slip in between  the top 2 loops and back ridge  of the chain 3, instead of stitching into the space. 

(see front, back and finished slip stitch)

post-28494-0-18089900-1453943221_thumb.jpgpost-28494-0-69702900-1453943229_thumb.jpgpost-28494-0-69423300-1453943235_thumb.jpg

Did the first round say to make 12 dc?  It looks like you may only have 11. And, did you join each round with a slip stitch?  That could be the reason there's a hole..

This is the way I usually do it. When you are doing your slip stitch,  slip in between  the top 2 loops and back ridge  of the chain 3, instead of stitching into the space. 

(see front, back and finished slip stitch)

]

Oh thank you! Will try that. Started over. Slip stitching in two more stitches. Wil try that!

Did the first round say to make 12 dc?  It looks like you may only have 11. And, did you join each round with a slip stitch?  That could be the reason there's a hole..

No says 11 DC because chain of 3 counts as one DC And yes each round is slip stitched. But maybe not right. Idk lol

In a pattern such as this one, sometimes I place a sl-st in the 2nd chain instead of the 3rd chain of the ch 3. Proceed as usual. Doesn't leave a gap. : )

I will be starting for the 3rd time tonight. No hole this time but very distinct line as where the rounds are joined and wicked unhappy about it. Happy with my actual stitches and how it is going besides that, so that is something but needs to be better.

Archived