YIKES! Thank goodness we're not like this!

One of my favorite things about this forum is that we have people from all walks of life (witches, christians, political people, grandmas, young moms, single people, men, woman, young kids, different races) and we can actually all get along and treat eachother with the respect and kindness that everyone deserves. Wouldn't it be great if the "real" world could do what we do here on a daily basis?

:clap

That is exactly what I've been saying. We have a common ground, may have different opinions, actually do, but there is no reason we cannot express those in a respectful, civilized manner.

Obviously, that is one of the reasons why this forum keeps on growing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chriscrochetcrazy ~ I just have to say that although I do find dressing up animals a bit odd (just my opinion), I find your designs for your animals cute. You are talented and make really cute things. It's obvious that you love your dog and that you take good care of her.

One of my favorite things about this forum is that we have people from all walks of life (witches, christians, political people, grandmas, young moms, single people, men, woman, young kids, different races) and we can actually all get along and treat eachother with the respect and kindness that everyone deserves. Wouldn't it be great if the "real" world could do what we do here on a daily basis?

Thank you :hug I know some people don't understand frankly I never dressed an animal well when I was a kid I used to dress my cat & push it around in a stroller :lol But I just can't help it she isn't even an animal to me it's hard to explain.

Yep I love this place because people aren't ready to pounce & tell you how awfull you are They can't wait to tell you how great you are we all need more of that in our lives :)

Josie is a good designer...I haven't purchased any of her patterns, but I've heard they are extremely well written.

Another thought...if she is selling patterns, don't you think that behavior will repel future customers? Additude like that can turn you right off. Suppose someone had a problem with her pattern. Will she spew her venom if that person asked for help? "What? You're too stupid to figure it out?"

Totally self-destructive.

PaganBaby69

Chriscrochetcrazy ~ I just have to say that although I do find dressing up animals a bit odd (just my opinion), I find your designs for your animals cute. You are talented and make really cute things. It's obvious that you love your dog and that you take good care of her.

It's amazing how different we all are! LOL When I saw that outfit for her dog I let out a big "AWWWWW" and started thinking about how I could make one of those outfits for my Tweety! (I used to make fun of people who dressed up their dogs til I got 2 of my own!)

But the fact that you responded positively is what sets this place apart... I'm afraid I would run in a corner and cry if one of these people "snarked" me... I just don't have that much confidence yet (but everyone here seems to help me in that regard.)

:think I'm impressed, I've never seen a community with such a collectively accurate telpathic ability. I mean, they ALL seemed to be able to read your dog's mind!!! Isn't that astounding? :rolleyes

Honestly, I think that dressing up my pets would be more trouble than I would want to go through - But I don't think that other people should limit themselves just because I don't want to do something!! I mean, I don't want to date girls either - And if everyone had to live like that. Well, then there'd just be a lot of trouble in the world!! :lol The birth rate would plummet dangerously, that's for sure!

They pounced on me before too :rolleyeshttp://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet_snark/30522.html

It wasn't the snark itself that poed me it was the suggestion that I mistreated my sweet little baby girl Please :reyes She's the most spolied dog ever :manyheart

Just ignore them & they'll go away :lol

Alisha, I just can't believe that!:eek I looked on the link and was appalled!:ohdear That ugliness was totally uncalled for. I think your Bella is adorable. I have 4 dogs, and I love to dress them up! They never seem to mind (except for the time I put my short hair collie in a coconut bra and grass skirt - I don't think she was a happy camper:blush)

I honestly did not know things like that acutally went on! Crochetville was the first forum I stumbled into, and has been so wonderful that I never ventured anywhere else. People can be such insensitive jerks! :irk My parents just gave us some football jersey's for our pugs and everytime we pull them out, all three of them will sit at my feet and wait patiently for their turn to put them on! They love them! And I love those sweater patterns...I think I will have to make a couple for my babies.

And as far as that first post with the tutorial is concerned...I thought it was really nice of that person to post that. And at least one person was trying to stick up for her! This just all irks me so much!

I agree that it is uncalled for, that it is ugly, but...

you need to look where it's coming from. The forum is called Crochet Snark.

There is no hidden agenda. They do what they set out to do. You and I have a

choice whether we read their posts or not. It would be an issue if someone

on Crochetville posted messages like that.

HI I am new at this, first time out, but I found it so funny about your dog dressed in a coconut bra! I have a cat and he would never put up with that. His big thing is to claim that he is self cleaning and solar heated.

Anywho, I am glad that I found you guys and I will check in to see if I get any replys.

I have been crocheting since 1971 so ,maybe, I could be of some help to somebody with a problem (I have encountered a goodly bunch in my time)

I have found that donating to charities is a great place to share your talents since, face it, how many of us have enough relatives to appreciate us? (and you never hear

about it being the wrong color) Local papers often have listings of places looking for our talent.

Remember, if something don't go right in a project, either quit, pull out the yarn to start over or use the excuse " Of all the things I've lost---I miss my mind the most"

You older crocheters and knitters will get the most use from that excuse!

They pounced on me before too :rolleyeshttp://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet_snark/30522.html

It wasn't the snark itself that poed me it was the suggestion that I mistreated my sweet little baby girl Please :reyes She's the most spolied dog ever :manyheart

Just ignore them & they'll go away :lol

I remember that post on the message board and it made me soooo mad that folks were accusing you of mistreating your dog.

I actually just finished making my sister's dog one of your sweaters for Christmas. They live up north so my measurements are not exact. I just followed your pattern to the letter and I'm hoping it will fit.

I like that you can just laugh it off!

Thanks everyone :hug I was hurt at first & didn't really take it well at all but I did quickly realize they feed off hurting people so it's best to ignore them. It's not like I put outifts on my dogs & make them wear them all day & night only if it's cold do they wear them for very long. I'm so glad my pattern or schematics explained how to make the sweaters & some of you found them helpful.

They actually tried to attack my flamingo pattern that I made & named for my mom but apparently most of them liked that Good thing because that would have really fired me up.

Trolls don't contribute.

They stir up trouble. It can be mild or it can be mean and flaming.

Trolls have nothing better to do than see if they can irratate you and get a reaction out of you.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

while not exactly "on topic" since i'm not good enough to crochet dog clothes yet, i feel the need to tell you about my dog. ya see, i have a mini dacshound that had all of her hair fall out when she was a baby. and she would scratch until she had awful sores on her little body. i took her to the vet and found out that she was allergic to synthetic stuff (like our carpet, couch, just about everything). some thought i should put her to sleep, but the vet said to teach her to stay on cotton rugs or cotton blankets. yeah, right. try to tell a weinerdog what to do. the only thing i could think of was to put her in a cotton newborn baby shirt. that did the trick. i buy them at yard sales and good will and i'll admit that i have sewn eyelet around the bottom to look like a little skirt. she likes it when we change her clothes and raises up her head to put it through and then shakes all over and prances around like she's hot stuff. she has always worn them, so i think she looks silly "naked".

while not exactly "on topic" since i'm not good enough to crochet dog clothes yet, i feel the need to tell you about my dog. ya see, i have a mini dacshound that had all of her hair fall out when she was a baby. and she would scratch until she had awful sores on her little body. i took her to the vet and found out that she was allergic to synthetic stuff (like our carpet, couch, just about everything). some thought i should put her to sleep, but the vet said to teach her to stay on cotton rugs or cotton blankets. yeah, right. try to tell a weinerdog what to do. the only thing i could think of was to put her in a cotton newborn baby shirt. that did the trick. i buy them at yard sales and good will and i'll admit that i have sewn eyelet around the bottom to look like a little skirt. she likes it when we change her clothes and raises up her head to put it through and then shakes all over and prances around like she's hot stuff. she has always worn them, so i think she looks silly "naked".

Just stick around here and you'll be crocheting pretty cotton clothes for her, and cotton blankets:) I sympathize, one of my dogs has similar issues. She had to wear a cone to keep from scratching/biting herself. Now she does not want to part with the cone. We take it off, she comes and asks for it. (puts her head in it) If you get them used to wearing clothes they sit there patiently and let you put it on them.

Thank you Empress Busy Bee, Cuddlefish and Chriscrochetcrazy for clarifying the troll question.

I am still wondering what would drive people to do this, but then there are an awful lot of things like that I will never understand.

Another thought...if she is selling patterns, don't you think that behavior will repel future customers? Additude like that can turn you right off. Suppose someone had a problem with her pattern. Will she spew her venom if that person asked for help? "What? You're too stupid to figure it out?"

Totally self-destructive.

PaganBaby69

I've bought from her. and yes, it makes me think twice about buying from her again. its is sad, she has beautiful designs. makes me think though that these people must be really really unhappy in the inside. what's in the heart, usually comes through the mouth.

I agree that it is uncalled for, that it is ugly, but...

you need to look where it's coming from. The forum is called Crochet Snark.

There is no hidden agenda. They do what they set out to do. You and I have a

choice whether we read their posts or not. It would be an issue if someone

on Crochetville posted messages like that.

Yeah, but you still gotta wonder about folks who would want a "snark" forum. are they just naturally so mean spirited, and have so much nasty inside them that they must release the pressure on the snark board, or they'll explode?

Oh no the poor little thing :hug I would love to make your baby a nice cotton sweater :) If you wouldn't mind me doing that for her just let me know & I'll work something up :hug

Yeah, but you still gotta wonder about folks who would want a "snark" forum. are they just naturally so mean spirited, and have so much nasty inside them that they must release the pressure on the snark board, or they'll explode?

Yes, Melissa, and I wonder about those who create trojans, viruses, etc...

It is sad, I feel sorry for them that they have need to irritate, upset others in order to feel happy.

Again, it comes down to this: Crochetville has managed to create a positive environment where people like these cannot thrive. So, obviously it is possible.

This is a group of people who come "alive" when someone posts a new design, when someone needs crochethelp or emotional support.

Look at the last post: Alisha is willing to make a sweater for a Crochetville friend whom she has never met. It makes them feel good, it makes us all feel good to read it. Do I need to say more?

My goodness..

what it comes down to is drama in combination of lack of compassion and warmth for others.

I firmly believe mare void of these human characteristics.. or at least are ignorant of empathy... these people have much to learn in the walk of life.. speaking minds without thought to feelings.. or perhaps totally innocent- not realizing their words while lacking tact and intent to hurt but resulting in a whirlwind of emotions... and also maturity is the key result in or rather growth in experiences like these...

but anyhow.. i am so glad crochetville is the way it is.. pleasant.. and peaceful.

Archived