Incorporating chains from previous rounds

Lena Sta

Question

Hi everyone - I am making a flower and there is one round that I do not understand. it goes like this (UK):

Round 6: ss into back loop only of next 2 tr and into ch space, 3ch, 2 tr, 3 ch and 3 tr into same ch space, *4 ch, 1 dc incorporating 6 ch and 4 ch of previous rounds, 4 ch, 3 tr, 3 ch and 3 tr into next ch space*, repeat from *to*, ending 4 ch, 1 dc incroporating 6 ch and 4 ch of 2 previous rounds, 4 ch, ss into top of 3 ch. Fasten off.

I especially do not know what is meant by "1 dc incorporating 6 ch and 4 ch or previous rounds".

I attached a picture of my project so far, maybe this helps :) Whould be great if anyone could help me - really want to finish off that flower! :D

post-76909-0-48382700-1453644037_thumb.jpg

post-76909-0-56750500-1453644040_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

I have a guess, but it is purely a guess!  It looks like your next loop is a ch-6 space and the one after that is a ch-4 space.  So, I'm GUESSING that you do a dc2tog with the 2 spaces.  Insert hook in the ch-6 space and draw up a loop.  Insert hook in the ch-4 space and draw up a loop.  Yarn over and pull through 3 loops on the hook.

Hopefully someone knows for sure what "incorporating" means in UK crochet terms.  None of the UK crochet term charts had that word.  In the meantime, you can try my guess and see how it looks.  If it's not right, just rip it out.

Hi, welcome to the ville!

I think maybe you are supposed to insert the hook into both of those spaces and just make one stitch there.  But that seems awkwrd to do and probably create an overlap that might not look great...trying to visualize it.  

So it should work to do what Redroses said.  Doing a dc2tog would accomplish the same thing, and be easier to do.  Note that if you are using UK terms the UK dc is the same as US sc  http://www.stitchdiva.com/tutorials/crochet/working-stitches-together

What is the name and location of the pattern?  

Hello, I have been working on the same thing and hit the same problem. When googling for help I saw this message, but sadly no answer.

So I have persevered. It took a while to realise that the previous round/level is wrong which is why the stitch incorporating the 6ch and 4ch from previous Rounds won't work. If you carry on like this you will have 26 points to your flower and not the 13 that the picture has.

So you need to unpick Round 5 and instead of doing the 6ch, 3tr, 4ch, 3tr into next chain as it says do it into alternate chain spaces.  

Then when you get back to the last Round and have to 1dc incorporating the 6ch and 4ch from the previous two Rounds, you put the hook into the 4ch from Round 4 picking up the 6ch from Round 5 and so that it bunches it into the 1dc.  

In answer to Magic Crochet Fan it is from a book that I got from Lidl called Simple Crochet by Sara Sinaguglia

I am trying to work out how to upload my pictures, as I took photos to show the stitch to make it clear??? 

Welcome to the 'ville and thanks for solving the mystery!  

To upload a picture of your project, make a new post and at the bottom right, click 'more reply options'.  Then, in the new window, at the bottom left is a spot where you can upload a file from your computer.  You choose the file, then you click 'attach this file'.  It doesn't show up until you post, although you can 'preview' it before posting.

So took me a while but I finally figured it out :D Again thank you for the help - would not have been able to finish it without.

I feel like these pictures - especially the ones from round 5 - might help if anyone else is stuck on this project and finds her way to this page:

post-76909-0-03718300-1456747431_thumb.jpg

post-76909-0-86063800-1456747448_thumb.jpg

post-76909-0-53615900-1456747469_thumb.jpg

Archived