Peaches and Creme

dianna_lynn

I use a lot of Lily's Sugar n' Cream. Was just looking at Peaches and Creme online. For anyone who has used both, are they big differences? Do they feel about the same? I shop at Micaels and they don't carry it but some of the ombres are really catching my eye. Just kind and f wanting to know what to expect.

If you have worked with Sugar and Cream, Peaches and Cream is the same as them.  They do not have the colors of the old PNC.  That is what I miss.

I asked a couple of times about the colors and I was told they need to be competitive, :think  I explained that a lot of us bought PNC because of the colors.

I have a couple of Bernat Handicrafter and it is very soft.  You might want to try that.

The long way around, NO the new PNC is not like the old PNC it is like SNC

I agree with Tampa Doll.  I'd just like to add that I prefer Premier's 4-ply cotton to SNC & PNC.  It's softer, too.  All, except Premier's white.  For some reason, that one is awful.  It falls apart and has a lot of pills.  For white, I buy SNC.

If you have worked with Sugar and Cream, Peaches and Cream is the same as them.  They do not have the colors of the old PNC.  That is what I miss.

I asked a couple of times about the colors and I was told they need to be competitive, :think  I explained that a lot of us bought PNC because of the colors.

I have a couple of Bernat Handicrafter and it is very soft.  You might want to try that.

The long way around, NO the new PNC is not like the old PNC it is like SNC

Well I know nothing about the old PNC to compare it to the new lol my first experience with yarn was about two weeks ago lol

I agree with Tampa Doll.  I'd just like to add that I prefer Premier's 4-ply cotton to SNC & PNC.  It's softer, too.  All, except Premier's white.  For some reason, that one is awful.  It falls apart and has a lot of pills.  For white, I buy SNC.

I like the way SNC feels for dishcloths but I am looking for softer for baby washcloths. I will have to check out Bernat Handicrafter and Premiers :)

I prefer Lion Brand Cotton Ease and Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton for their softness. It's hard to get these brands for me though, unless I order online. I do have a lidded storage bin full of P&C and S&C, so, I go with the flow. I'm just not compatible with the stiffness of these two brands.

Before gifting dishcloths or potholders made from the latter two, I spray wrinkle remover on them and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes. They soften up a little. Now if I could figure out a way to soften them before I crochet, I'd use the whole bin up! Lol

I prefer Lion Brand Cotton Ease and Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton for their softness. It's hard to get these brands for me though, unless I order online. I do have a lidded storage bin full of P&C and S&C, so, I go with the flow. I'm just not compatible with the stiffness of these two brands.

Before gifting dishcloths or potholders made from the latter two, I spray wrinkle remover on them and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes. They soften up a little. Now if I could figure out a way to soften them before I crochet, I'd use the whole bin up! Lol

I like the stiffness for dishes but for sure want to find something much softer for baby washcloths. If you ever figure out a way to soften before you crochet, let us know :-)

P & C was softer than S 'n C. That was before they had the big warehouse sale. When P & C had the warehouse sale, they sold the company out to Spinrite, which also owns S 'n C. Now, they're both owned by Spinrite, so I presume the cotton being used is probably the same for both. I have noticed they've got some pretty crunchy stuff nowadays.

I ordered a lot during the warehouse sell-out, and I'm very glad I did. I had a feeling the P & C line would be dropped or the quality would degrade.

Since then, I've found Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Delux (5 oz) is softer - and I Love This Cotton (3.5 oz) is even softer.

I did forget to mention that I make "spa" cloths out of the softer cottons. I love them in the shower and gifting them with a special bar of handmade soap. They are always well received.

I did forget to mention that I make "spa" cloths out of the softer cottons. I love them in the shower and gifting them with a special bar of handmade soap. They are always well received.

I can't wait to get to Hobby Lobby. Going to try to get there this weekend.

Archived