Pitter Patter Baby Blanket & Ripple Blankie:)

USpolishgirl

Hello everyone:)

I got 2 blankets here.  I made both of those blankets for my friend baby boy, he is about 2 weeks old. For that "big" one I used Bernat Baby Blanket yarn.  I just need to crochet another one for a baby girl. She will be born in March. That second blanket will be done in the same color yarn. That yarn is very thick, soft & fuzzy. Great for a baby! :). Size of that blanket is about 32"X36"

That is a very simple pattern. It takes much more yarn than is stated in that pattern.

That  second blanket is very small, it could be used for a car seat, is about 22" X 24". That is my first ripple blanket:). Pattern & yarn is from Mary Maxim. The name of that pattern is: Rolling Ripple Blankie, that is a free pattern. I love that yarn the way is dye:). I think I will buy more of that yarn in a diferant color. Maybe a Strawberry or peach? :).

Krys
PS: pictures  did not came out well, it wasn't a sunny day. The color of my carpet it was not a very good choice for a background for that bigger blanket. But it is what it is! LOL

post-73590-0-71542800-1453264102_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-08824700-1453264341_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-57905700-1453264436_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-92421000-1453264577_thumb.jpg

They're both beautiful, Krys!!  :)

I remember talking with you about the Bernat Baby Blanket yarn.  It is soft, but it's so thick that there isn't as much yarn on a skein as you'd think.  I used the bigger sized skeins and still misjudged how much blanket I'd get out of each skein.

They're both beautiful, Krys!!  :)

I remember talking with you about the Bernat Baby Blanket yarn.  It is soft, but it's so thick that there isn't as much yarn on a skein as you'd think.  I used the bigger sized skeins and still misjudged how much blanket I'd get out of each skein.

Yes those big balls can be very deceiving... LOL

What are you working on now?. Something for your baby grandson?:)

Krys

Yes those big balls can be very deceiving... LOL

What are you working on now?. Something for your baby grandson? :)

Krys

Of course I am!  I'm working on a c2c, tunisian, entrelac baby afghan.  This is my first time doing entrelac, so it's going a bit slow.  I've got a "small" pile of other patterns and the yarn in my "that's next" pile, too.  Not that I'm going overboard or anything! LOL

So very lovely. What a beautiful job you always do.

I looked at that yarn last week and petted it like it was a kitten. Some lady standing by me thought I was nuts. Really! She gave me the oddest look.

I've used the Pipsqueak yarn and really liked it's "pettingness" too. Squishy and soft. Maybe a project or 2 will be in the making for my grt-grands with the Baby Blanket yarn.

Thank you for sharing your photos Krys. I always enjoy seeing them and your explanations too. :)

I looked at that yarn last week and petted it like it was a kitten. Some lady standing by me thought I was nuts. Really! She gave me the oddest look.

I've used the Pipsqueak yarn and really liked it's "pettingness" too. Squishy and soft. Maybe a project or 2 will be in the making for my grt-grands with the Baby Blanket yarn.

Thank you for sharing your photos Krys. I always enjoy seeing them and your explanations too. :)

Reni Thank You very much!:)

I just read that now and it made me smile. About you patting that yarn at that store and that woman looking at you "weird" LOL.

I do believe you.. That yarn really feels sooo good:). You are right it probably feels like a little kitten.

Krys

Of course I am!  I'm working on a c2c, tunisian, entrelac baby afghan.  This is my first time doing entrelac, so it's going a bit slow.  I've got a "small" pile of other patterns and the yarn in my "that's next" pile, too.  Not that I'm going overboard or anything! LOL

Redroses that is great that you are crocheting all those beautiful items for your grandson:). He must be dressed in style! :).

I seen your Cocoon, That set really looks great!.

I do not even know what "entrelac" looks like LOL. I will Google and find out.

I am not a "long" time crocheter. 

Krys

Apparently, that lady isn't a really dedicated crocheter or knitter!!  If she were, she'd have been next to you, petting the yarn with you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived