Tampa Doll

Greek Dancer

I had to wait for more yarn to come in when I was making an afghan.  I needed something that would be fast. 

I have a lot of the yarn heads and I got some gold and silver rick rack from my Christmas Stocking Swap.  My DH is of Greek ancestry, so I decided to make this for him.  We are also very close to Tarpon Springs, that is a Greek community that dives for the Sea Sponges.  When they have  festival on the Sponge docks, the dancers are always there.

She is made with Red Heart Soft in Black.  As you can see she has the Greek flag behind her.

post-105-0-81100800-1453238632_thumb.jpg  Close-ups

• Like 2

She's darling!  You should take her to the festival.  I bet the dancers would get a kick out of seeing her.  :)

She is adorable.

there is just no end to your wonderful creations,you certainly are a talented lady

Of course the doll is pretty. But it's also great that you feel so strong relation with the traditions and culture, including your ancestors :)  

Thank you all.

I was surprised how easy and fast this doll pattern was.  I have one that I can change over to Polish, and if I make it, I will have one for each of us.