Aisles

Some pin cushions

Just a few bits I've made over the last few months including a patchwork Biscornu pin cushion.  They are usually made in cross stitch but I decided to make a patchwork one instead.

post-68010-0-90501000-1452933181_thumb.jpgpost-68010-0-37989900-1452933240_thumb.jpgpost-68010-0-40806600-1452933325_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Your pincushions are lovely. I especially like the first one with buttons. Reminds me of something my GGM would have made.

• Like 1

Your pincushions are lovely. I especially like the first one with buttons. Reminds me of something my GGM would have made.

Thank you :) 

That one is called Biscornu because of all the corners.  Usually you see them made in cross stitch, of which I've made a few.  Someone called me a liar when I said if your measure properly they can be made in patchwork.  So I made a couple to show her how they work.  This I the third I've made in this format and I wanted to go a stage further so I added the beads and buttons.  I think lace and ribbons might go into the next one :)

I love love love the blue one <3 Very pretty!

I have a couple of pincushions that my mom made, and who really needs more than two? So I don't think I'll ever make more. But if I did, I'd love it if they looked like yours!