Cross Stitch Elephant & Turtle Bibs

redrosesdz

Christmas is over and I've started making things for Jude, who is my grandson due March 31st.   I spent so much time crocheting in 2015, that I neglected my other needlework passion, cross stitching.  So, the bibs have come first. 

I love making bib kits.  The best part is that they wash well.  I remember the ones I used for my kids (almost 30 years ago) always looked brand new coming out of the dryer and I used them more than any other bibs.  I hope Jude's mom will use them just as much!  :)

post-57407-0-38976300-1452453722_thumb.jpg

post-57407-0-10378400-1452453743_thumb.jpg  post-57407-0-40412300-1452453768_thumb.jpg

These are adorable!  I used to love to cross stitch.  You wouldn't believe all the pattern books and magazines I still have...boxes and boxes of them!  It's more difficult for me to see now so the charts and the fabric are not as "fun" to work with as they were 20 years ago! 

Deb, thank you!  I bought a magnifier with a built in light.  I can still see the larger charts and stitches, but have to use it for the smaller ones now.  I'm slowly working on an 18 pt that I started 1.5 years ago.  I have to use the magnifier, so I can only do 10-15 minutes at a time.  It'll get done .... maybe by 2020.  LOL

Maybe that's what I need!  A magnifyer!  I am going at lunch today to JoAnn's to buy a "hoop" because I found an old cross stitch picture that I started a long, LONG time ago and maybe I can work on it a little bit at a time.  I always worked in 18 ct. and not sure what this one is...I'm assuming it's 18 ct. as well.  Maybe if I moved up to 14 ct. it would be easier.  But the charts!  Would need the magnifying glass for that!  :lol 

Love love love these. I used to cross stitch a lot as well. I quit because of eye sight too. I was just lamenting a piece that got lost, a half finished Red Skelton I was making for my hubby when he passed. I have been toying with restarting it but not sure how I feel about it since he's passed on. I love your bibs though.. and the designs you used are awesome. :) 

Archived