SnoozieQ

Question

Ladies and gents, I could really use your help.

I'm a beginner crocheter and have only tackled a few projects. I'm currently making a blanket and I've just discovered that there's a snag on one of the stitches. It's very apparent (I can fit my pinky under) and I don't know how to fix it. It's a few rows below my current position and I really don't want to rip everything out. If anyone has any tips on how this can be fixed or mended, I'd truly appreciate it.

Kindly,

SnoozieQ

post-63872-0-83339300-1452383098_thumb.jpg

post-63872-0-90809200-1452383111_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Use a tool that has a hook, such as a crochet or latch hook.  Insert it into the hole, from back to front, where it's pulled out.  Grab the yarn and gently pull it to the back.  Don't pull it tight, though.  This may be all you need to do.  If you've got a gap in the back that you don't want, use your fingers to massage the strand back into place, since you'll be able to see the strand on both sides.  As you're pulling the yarn to where you want it, gently tug on the yarn around the problem to help it back into place.

If you use a really small hook and bury the snag in the yarn around it, it'll hold until you need to wash it, at the least. If you take a regular needle and more or less matching thread, take a couple of well-hidden tiny backstitches, run the snag into the yarn and run the thread through the yarn, snag and yarn again, then do the same thread fastening on the other end, it'll stay put.

Thanks for your quick responses. I will try your suggestions. Just to be clear, the loose strand is not a whole yarn. It's one of the plies...so it's kind of separated from rest. This would still be resolved the same way?

Thanks so much! I ended up snatching it out and starting over; I realized I'd missed a stitch on the same exact row ( :( how convenient...) and the small gap was bothering me. But I'll keep your tips in mind because I've had this issue before and will probably have it again.

- Snoozie

Archived