Red Heart's Cu-pig pattern help [solved, thank you! (:]

Tsuzimonsta

Question

Problem pattern has been solved! Thank you!  :D

Hi there!

I just made an account here today hoping I could get a little insight or help with Red Heart's Cu-pig pattern by Kj Hay. I have been doing crochet for about 3 months now and just started doing Amigurumi. With this pattern, I was able to make everything alright looking until I got to the legs.. The part that has been getting me is Row 6 leading into Rows 7-10 and going into Round 11. I have a picture of what I have now and what it looks like when attempting to go into Round 11, I'm just not real sure where to go from there if I even have it done right at all. :embar  Here's what the pattern looks like for the leg and I also have the link just in case something goes wrong lol. I also apologize this post might get a little long with the pattern. x_x

Thank you so much in advance!

------------------------------ 

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/cu-pig

FIRST LEG (make 2 – for right side of piggy) Beginning at the bottom of the foot, with A, make an adjustable ring. Note: Take care to turn only when instructed.

Round 1 (right side): Work 6 sc in ring; join with slip st in first sc.

Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around; join with slip st in first sc—12 sc.

Round 3: Ch 1, *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—18 sc.

Round 4: Working in back loops only, ch 1,*sc in next st, sc2tog; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—12 sc.

Round 5: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join with slip st in first sc.

Note: Work now progresses, back and forth in rows to shape the knee

Row 6: Ch 1, turn, sc in next 10 sts; leave remaining sts unworked.

Rows 7–10: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to last 2 sts; leave last 2 sts unworked—2 sts are worked in Row 10.

Note: In the next round, work in all the stitches of the previous rows and round, to return to working in rounds.

Round 11 (right side): Ch 1, turn, sc in each st around; working in each unworked st of previous rows and round; join with slip st in first sc—12 sts.

Round 12: Ch 1, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc in each remaining st around; join with slip st in first sc—14 sts.

Round 13: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join with slip st in first sc.

Row 14 (right side): Ch 1, do not turn, skip next st, sc in next 5 sts, skip next st, sc in next st; leave remaining sts unworked—6 sts.

Rows 15 and 16: Ch 1, turn, skip first st, sc in each st to last 2 sts, skip next st, sc in next st—2 sts are worked in

Row 16. Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing leg to body.

-------------------------------------

post-76771-0-07527200-1452374627_thumb.jpg

post-76771-0-31852900-1452374886_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

welcome to the ville!

sorry but you have not done it right, you need to rip back, or start the leg over.   what you are doing is short rows---will try to find an illustration and link to it.  

row 6  Ch 1, turn, sc in next 10 sts; leave remaining sts unworked.
Rows 7–10: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to last 2 sts; leave last 2 sts unworked—2 sts are worked in Row 10. 

so on row 6 you simply make 10 sts.   on row 7 you work back over those 10 sts but skip the last two, so you only make 8 sts.   next row is 6 sts because again you skip the last 2, then 4 on next row, and finally you just make 2 sts.  

then you go back to working in the rounds and make a stitch in every stitch top.  

Welcome to Crochetville!

You're going to need to rip out back to row 6.  Row 6-10 are what is called "short rows."  This just means that they are shorter than the previous rows/rounds.

Row 6: ch 1, turn.  sc in the next 10 stitches (leaving the last 2 unworked)

Row 7: ch 1, turn.  sc in the next 8 stitches (leaving the last 2 unworked)

Row 8: ch 1, turn.  sc in the next 6 stitches (leaving the last 2 unworked)

Row 9: ch 1, turn.  sc in the next 4 stitches (leaving the last 2 unworked)

Row 10: ch 1, turn.  sc in the next 2 stitches (leaving the last 2 unworked)

Rnd 11: ch 1 turn. sc in the 12 stitches, join with a sl st  (first 2 stitches will be into row 10, next 2 in row 9, next 2 in row 7, next 2 in row 5, next 2 in row 6, last 2 in row 8)

I hope this helps!

ETA: :waving @ magiccrochetfan!  LOL

Oh my goodness, thank you Ms. Kathy and Ms. Sharon! I can't believe it was something so tiny that pretty much threw me off, hehe.  :lol  I read over each instructions the two of you gave me and they helped a ton! Sharon, your row by row guide was awesome, thank you for that and Kathy the photo reference gave me a really good idea of what the leg is supposed to look like. Sadly, the red heart photo does not show much of the hind quarters for the pig. Also, I will be looking up the tutorial so I have a better idea of what to do! 

Thank you again! You two have been so helpful and have no idea how relieved I am right now, hehe! 

post-76771-0-63692400-1452377738_thumb.jpg *happy dance* (:

your leg looks great!  

It's too bad that (in my opinion) many of the Red Heart free patterns don't have enough photo views.  photos can be so helpful!    

you are more than welcome for the help...we love to help solve problems and interpret patterns!   :lol

Archived