Does anyone know how to translate Russian?

Jude in a juke

Question

I found a pattern for a cat oven mitt that I really like, and I managed to find the pattern, but it's all in Russian photos, so unfortunately I can't copy and paste it into google translate or anything else like that. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could translate for me! 

1 answer to this question

Sorry go sound grouchy, but please remove the pattern, since it violates this forum's rules and copyright law--as would translating it verbatim.  This could get this forum's owners into legal trouble.

Now that I've seen it - the pattern is charted.  There are not enough words there to be a completely written-out pattern. I don't read Russian but I can tell the first paragraph is telling you the yarn, gauge, and hook, and the rest is probably a brief description of the cxema (schematics).  Cxema 2 looks like the eye whites, 3 looks like the eyeballs, 4 the ear.  The lines are undoubtedly embroidered, or perhaps surface slip stitch crocheted.

I'm guessing that the ear outline area in cxema 1 is showing that you add to the ear edges after you make & attach the ears from cxema 4 (if I were making this, I think I'd work the ears directly into the side of the head versus making separate ears in the first place)

Not sure about the nose?  But it could be satin stitched embroidered on.

You should be able to put this together by the pictures, maybe with a little 'winging'.  Example, start at the bottom of the cat, if I've counted right there are 23 stitches at the bottom, so chain 24 and make 23 SC for the first row.  After that you will be adding or subtracting at each end, and changing color for the tummy part.  To add stitches at the beginning of the next row=chain that number of stitches (+1 to turn) at the end of the row before; to add stitches at the end of a row, use Foundation SC.

Archived