What is a "leg" seen in a stitch pattern?

hallie066

Question

Hi everyone, I need help understanding what "leg" means in this pattern below. It is a table runner.

Row 73: Ch 3, working first “leg” in next ch-1 space and 2nd “leg” in next dc, [dc2tog] 2 times, dc in each ch-1 space and dc across to ch-1 space before last dc, working first “leg” in next ch-1 space and 2nd “leg” in next dc, dc2tog, working first “leg” in last ch-1 space and 2nd “leg” in 3rd ch of beginning ch, dc2tog, turn—41 dc. Row 74: Repeat Row 2—21 dc and 20 ch-1 spaces. Rows 75–90: Repeat last 2 rows 8 times—5 dc and 4 ch-1 spaces. Row 91: Ch 3, working first “leg” in next ch-1 space and 2nd “leg” in next dc, dc2tog, dc in each ch-1 space and dc across to last ch-1 space working first “leg” in last ch-1 space and 2nd “leg” in 3rd ch of beginning ch, dc2tog, turn—7 dc.

Please help me interpret. Thanks for your time! I have attached the pattern as well.

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

When you DC2tog, you are combining 2 stitches into 1, so you get something that look like this  ^  -- like legs on a stick figure.   Here (I believe) it's calling each of these 2 stitches a 'leg', as if one of the stitches is a leg standing on the chain space, and the other leg is standing on the following DC.

Archived