Hat, scarf and legwarmers

PattiJacks

Hoping these fit.  I made a set for my granddaughter and my ex-husband's daughter's little girl (I  guess she's kinda sorta my granddaughter, too) ... I've remained friends with his daughter despite how I feel about him.  Lol.  Anyway, I wanted a rib legwarmer and was having a difficult time finishing a knitted pair, so I made up my own crochet pattern.  The same with the mobius cowl and hat.  I don't like the long, wrap-around scarves for small children and I made sure this one was extra stretchy.  Made with Wool Ease.

post-76381-0-34082800-1451702623_thumb.jpg

post-76381-0-12347900-1451702659_thumb.jpg

Very cute!  I love the addition of the flowers & beads.  :)

When I got divorced, many years ago, I felt like I divorced my husband, but I didn't divorce his family.  I've remained close with his mom.  I still think of her as mom, even though she's my ex-MIL.  So, I think it's OK for you to think of your ex-step daughter and step granddaughter as your daughter and granddaughter.  Family is blood & marriage relationships, but it can also include whoever we want to be considered as "family."  The more people love and care about each other, the better!  

Archived