Temperature Blanket CAL

darski

I, too, petered out after a while!  I think if I ever do it again, I'll just do so many stitches per day, instead of rows!  I make lap afghans for veterans hospitals, and they request that we make them 35" square, or 35" X 70".  THAT I could do!  So-o-o-o... here's to next year!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my GD's temperature blanket. It's the temps from her first year--July to July. It's about twin bed top size (it's on a full size bed in the picture). Her first year was in Colorado and there is quite a lot of fluctuation in temps. I don't think one from here in Mississippi would be as interesting.

post-43634-0-87318300-1473552202_thumb.jpg

I finished my GD's temperature blanket. It's the temps from her first year--July to July. It's about twin bed top size (it's on a full size bed in the picture). Her first year was in Colorado and there is quite a lot of fluctuation in temps. I don't think one from here in Mississippi would be as interesting.

attachicon.gifMJ temperature blanket.JPG

that is gorgeous.  Nice work

Wow! This is absolutely stunning!

I was reading some of the earlier posts and I think writing down the temps each week until you get what you want is a good idea! That way you can work at your normal pace instead of nature's...

Also, this blanket might be pretty with a mandala pattern or worked in the round as a lapghan. Hm...

Very pretty... I think if I participate next year (I didn't this year) I will do a granny squares each day, instead of rows...

• 1 month later...

So how is everyone doing on their blankets? I gave up on mine, frogged it & used the yarn for other projects. I vow next year to keep better track of the temperatures and I have already started working on a color scheme. I think I want to make one for my grandparents for the first year of their marriage. Should be interesting - they were married in 1959.

• 1 month later...

I've been keeping track of the daily temp's since Jan 1st, thinking I would make an afghan after a year. In the meantime, I changed my mind and decided I'd rather make 2 hats and scarves - 1 set in the Winter colors and 1 set in the Summer colors. My favorite jackets are blue denim and black, so the sets I have in mind would look good no matter what I wear.

There seems to be a lot of anxiety here about getting this project right. There really is no right or wrong.

If you can't work on yours for a few days, so what!? Are the crochet police looking for you?

If yours is wider or longer than someone else's, so what!? Don't rip it out. It doesn't have to be like someone else's.

Your color choices are yours. I am impressed by the beautiful work some of you have shared with us. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry this didn't work out.  Maybe another year I can work on collecting the data and working it once a week.

I'm just not good with long term projects.  I want it done yesterday

Archived