Temperature Blanket CAL

darski

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have decided that my next 2 will be just plain hdc.  I will keep the 90 sts across as I find that a good width for a wheelchair ghan.  with a bit of bordering it will be just right.

...Although, I think I am not overly happy with that mauve colour and I'm getting a lot of it just now. :yuck

post-4896-0-36649900-1454026856_thumb.jpg

My current progress ... I find it difficult to get decent colour results with my current camera so my very beige carpet is showing more orange-ish. :rofl

I have a bit of catching up to do again.. I didn't want to work on something that big in the car, so I stuck to reading on the drive from Pennsylvania.. I believe I might have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Today to do... But I might have already done Wednesday, so I definitely have to check on it lol. Will hopefully get that done tomorrow while working on getting caught up on laundry.

I have a bit of catching up to do again.. I didn't want to work on something that big in the car, so I stuck to reading on the drive from Pennsylvania.. I believe I might have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Today to do... But I might have already done Wednesday, so I definitely have to check on it lol. Will hopefully get that done tomorrow while working on getting caught up on laundry.

I've decided to mark every 10th day/row  to make it easier to keep track of where I am.  I do tend to miss a day here or there so I need to keep counting.

I didn't get anything done on my ghan today.. I left the house at 12 to go get a mani/pedi (my first EVER pedi........ in LOVE!!!) and it ended up taking longer than it normally would have since I got the combo + I decided to get gel instead of my regular acrylics.. I'm hooked on Gel!! I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow, so I'll take it in the car with me & hopefully hubby won't make me drive (It's a 2.5 hour drive) and I can get some done on it! He won't have to work before that since we need to leave at 8:30 so right after the boys' ride gets here to pick them up for school. So he should have NO excuse for me to drive on the way down haha..

I've got my temps all down, but haven't caught up on the afghan just yet..

I'm a titch behind now too.  need to get 2 days done today :sigh

I'm surprised at how difficult it is to do just that one row.  It's almost too insignificant to keep my attention. ah welll...

I usually wait three to four days and do mine. Then it gives a little something to do on it. I write the temp down everyday and start working on other things. Then after some days go by I put those rows in. It seems easier that way for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Your colors are great Darski. Sorry about the cold! It is supposed to hit 90 here on Wednesday and break the record for hitting 90 this early in the year. That means the summer is going to be long and brutal.

I never did get started on a temperature blanket but I sure do like peeking in and cheering you on. I like the way you chose a different stitch for each row.

I wonder how the yellow and white one (forgot the name in that post) looks now. I hope she gets some more variation in her temperatures.

When you first started I thought the colors should represent the temps. Like white for super cold, blue, yellow, orange, red...etc, and I didn't really want a bright orange blanket, but I see now that isn't how you've done it.

Archived