Temperature Blanket CAL

darski

I've decided I am doing a Round Ripple and will do one row a day. I'm 8 days behind so far, but that's not going to take too long to catch up, I've still got to get my yarn though. Hopefully I can get started on getting that this weekend. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am suddenly more aware of the weather.  On Sunday it was 46° - nice.  yesterday I had to walk to the pharmacy and it was 16° :wbrr

I also have my first "good place to put a flower" aka mistake :rofl

It is not overly important so I'm leaving it as it.  I weave in the ends right away and I didn't want to argue with the yarn bits to un-weave the end.

Started my ghan last night. I'm half way caught up. But I need to buy some white for my next row.  It's on hold til I get to the store.

I was thinking about your precip/no precip idea and I wondered if you could use different colours for snow, rain or sleet and such?  It might be more interesting but then again yellow and white don't need any help.

Is it too late to join y'all?  I went back and looked up all the average temps we've had so far and wrote them down.  I think I would like to do a C2C blanket.  Will do the increase rows until July 1st and then start the decrease rows.  I want to stick with the colors that they are using with the Bernat Satin however, I don't care for the Satin and I also don't see all of those colors.  Thinking of using Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn because of the color choices and besides, it's one of my favorite yarns.  Just not sure when I will have the chance to actually get this yarn.  Hopefully tomorrow I can go on my lunch hour and pick it out.  Love the idea of only doing a row a day!

Is it too late to join y'all?  I went back and looked up all the average temps we've had so far and wrote them down.  I think I would like to do a C2C blanket.  Will do the increase rows until July 1st and then start the decrease rows.  I want to stick with the colors that they are using with the Bernat Satin however, I don't care for the Satin and I also don't see all of those colors.  Thinking of using Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn because of the color choices and besides, it's one of my favorite yarns.  Just not sure when I will have the chance to actually get this yarn.  Hopefully tomorrow I can go on my lunch hour and pick it out.  Love the idea of only doing a row a day!

It's never too late.  I was wondering about that c2c though. a row with 183 blocks is going to be a challenge.  I wonder if you could do  smaller blocks and put them together like they are doing these days.  I think it is easier to do a smaller thing 12 times than to do a huge thing  that one time... I get bored very easily :eek

the challenge would be in breaking down the days into 'generally being months" .  366 / 12 = 30.5... that's as far as my math takes me. :rofl

Mikey's words on c2c blocks

yours would be different from what he has but it's just some info on c2c blocks

Hmmmm....that's a definite possiblility!  Thanks for the link Darski.  I managed to pick up the yarn today so can start this evening, hopefully.  Maybe I can do a square a month?  I'll have to see how big 15 rows in would be.  That would work for the months with 30 days but for 31 days (like this month) or 29 days (like February) what would I do?  This old brain and numbers just don't mix!  ;) 

Hmmmm....that's a definite possiblility!  Thanks for the link Darski.  I managed to pick up the yarn today so can start this evening, hopefully.  Maybe I can do a square a month?  I'll have to see how big 15 rows in would be.  That would work for the months with 30 days but for 31 days (like this month) or 29 days (like February) what would I do?  This old brain and numbers just don't mix!  ;) 

I was thinking about that.  if you just think of each block as a 30 day period you can do the 12 blocks for the year and you could use  the .2 months bit in the border... assuming you plan a border.

it would be one way of simplifying the math - a thing always to be desired :cheer

That is a good idea darski but I was so itching to start and I looked at a few different patterns last night.  Finally started around 8:00 pm!  I just went with the Spectrum pattern.  It's easy, mindless and I think I should be able to catch up fairly quick.  I really didn't want to do squares and had my heart set on that C2C until I realized you could probably cover my entire front yard with the darn thing when it was completed!  Not to mention the amount of time (and yarn) it would take! 

I've been checking in on yall's progress and I thought maybe you'd like to see mine. I figure 2 rows a day for 6 months is basically equal to 1 row a day for a year and this way you can get an idea. =) Apparently I can't post pics from my tablet, but if you're interested I can post from my laptop later this week.

Yarn Monkey I would love to see it!

Okay so I'm all caught up and I must say that I really like how the colors are playing out!  I will have to take a picture and post it.  Since we are in the negative numbers here temp wise for the next few days, I think I will many rows of purple!  :lol 

I finally figured out my colors & bought the yarn for that.. (See the negative score in my signature?! Yeah - That's from that HAHA - Partly..)

Here's my scheme, etc.. I just picked colors I liked.. I've had my eye on the Rogue for a WHILE so I figured I'd go ahead & grab it. I'm not caught up yet.. Just on day 6, but I'm doing the linen stitch. I chained 360 to begin with, so it SHOULD fit on our queen sized bed. 

post-46820-0-36959200-1453150388_thumb.jpg

I'll be traveling this year for my job (and I work from home too...) but will be in Florida in February, so I'm excited for that before I'll get to use the warmer color scheme.. Anyways... I'll be doing a white line starting when my travel begins, then recording the temps where I am those days, then when I get home, I'll do another line of white, so I can also track my travels! I might end up adding some silver or gold thread on special days.. But I'm not 100% sure I want to do that just yet. 

I'll be back to post an update when I'm caught up to current!

I finally figured out my colors & bought the yarn for that.. (See the negative score in my signature?! Yeah - That's from that HAHA - Partly..)

Here's my scheme, etc.. I just picked colors I liked.. I've had my eye on the Rogue for a WHILE so I figured I'd go ahead & grab it. I'm not caught up yet.. Just on day 6, but I'm doing the linen stitch. I chained 360 to begin with, so it SHOULD fit on our queen sized bed. 

attachicon.gif12439313_10153123473063239_5799270339944673737_n.jpg

I'll be traveling this year for my job (and I work from home too...) but will be in Florida in February, so I'm excited for that before I'll get to use the warmer color scheme.. Anyways... I'll be doing a white line starting when my travel begins, then recording the temps where I am those days, then when I get home, I'll do another line of white, so I can also track my travels! I might end up adding some silver or gold thread on special days.. But I'm not 100% sure I want to do that just yet. 

I'll be back to post an update when I'm caught up to current!

That is going to be fabulous... and a lot of work

Okay so I'm all caught up and I must say that I really like how the colors are playing out!  I will have to take a picture and post it.  Since we are in the negative numbers here temp wise for the next few days, I think I will many rows of purple!  :lol 

I'm glad you got caught up, it is so easy to lose a day here or there and then find your way back.  I've had the flu for a couple of days so I had to catch up as well.

So far, I'm mainly working with lime green because we have been having a lot of 31-45 temps lol. I do get to use the Charcoal for yesterday & Orange for a day last week. First travel day is this coming Thursday, traveling with my husband to Pennsylvania and coming home Sunday so that will be kind of neat. 

Oh Darski that cupcake trim is adorable!  I was working on another project last night and I forgot all about my temperature afghan until it was time to go to bed.  I'll have to do 2 rows tonight.  Hopefully I can get a picture uploaded here soon. 

Jessicali I hope you have a fun time in Pennsylvania.  I've never been there!  Wish I could do some traveling...I'd go somewhere warm and sunshiny tho!  :) 

Oh Darski that cupcake trim is adorable!  I was working on another project last night and I forgot all about my temperature afghan until it was time to go to bed.  I'll have to do 2 rows tonight.  Hopefully I can get a picture uploaded here soon. 

Jessicali I hope you have a fun time in Pennsylvania.  I've never been there!  Wish I could do some traveling...I'd go somewhere warm and sunshiny tho!  :) 

I'm flying to Tampa Florida the first weekend in February for the annual It Works Conference, so I pray it's super warm while I'm there LOL. We've got some sleet & expected snow today. We're actually leaving for Pennsylvania in the morning, so I think I've decided I'll do the temperature where ever we are at 3PM that day.. I've got the weather.com app/widget on my phone that updates when we are on the road so that'll help! 

Archived