Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made these hotpads for daughter for Mother's Day and a couple will go to er for her Birthday.

Gorgeous!!

What stitch did you use? They really are pretty and look totally functional at the same time!

Here is what I have been working on for the past few days. 

I know it is not crocheted, but it will be going with the afghan I made my BIL for his 75th birthday.

post-105-0-64954500-1463179929_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-91253300-1463179940_thumb.jpg

It is totally knitted with size 2 single and double pointed needles and the yarn is #2 baby yarn.

Thank you all.  The needles are put away and I am back to my list.  I am working on a winter coat for an 18" doll for a friend's charity.  I have one dress done and another to make along with a coat and boots and sandals.

Here is what I have been working on for the past few days. 

I know it is not crocheted, but it will be going with the afghan I made my BIL for his 75th birthday.

attachicon.gifPointer000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifPointer008 (2).JPG

It is totally knitted with size 2 single and double pointed needles and the yarn is #2 baby yarn.

So cute! I love him.

BTW...I'm not restricting what we post to only crocheted projects! I know many of us are multi talented as is Mary Jo....so don't be shy!

the 30 by 36 inch Simply Simple Afghan...I can envision making this with boy or gender neutral colors and a less fussy border....It was actually a fun project.

post-8552-0-27851900-1463697013_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone, thought I would drop in and see what is going on.  I am working on a Dorothy (wizard of oz) outfit for an 18" doll.  It is made with size 10 thread.

I ordered some milk cartons, as I got tired o my yarn fall out all over the place.  I had them in small containers or cardboard boxes.  Now they are nice and neat and I can see what is on the bottom, without having to empty the whole thing.

Bright and warm day here and looking for more rain.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Hi, Mary Jo!

That outfit should be gorgeous - love thread work. I have some red thread and a pattern waiting for my attention.

PS...milk cartons are great for yarn....I have a mix: a couple of those as well as plastic bins - with the lids off so I can see stuff!

The blouse/slip is done for the doll.  I have to put it away for a few days, as I will be working on the new tote.

I have to decide what color I want to make the pinafore, as they used America's Best sky, which is no longer available.  It is a combo of lt. blue and white.  I may just go with baby blue.  We shall see. 

How is everyone else doing?

I am not crocheting at the moment. I have 3 of the 4 blankets done for Christmas already.

I have been reading and coloring the last couple of weeks. Then i will get back to crocheting. Taking a shot at filet crochet next.

I need my crochet mojo back!  Just got back from helping watch my grandson in Charlotte . He is teething and has allergies and  goodness he is 10 months and weighs 30 lbs. Carrying him up and down the steps and lifting him from the rocking chair up over the crib rail when he goes to bed threw a crick in my neck and shoulder... I hope to have hook in hand tomorrow. I did finish a very simple dishcloth to give to a friend...

Hi, fellow addicts!

The blouse/slip is done for the doll.  I have to put it away for a few days, as I will be working on the new tote.

I have to decide what color I want to make the pinafore, as they used America's Best sky, which is no longer available.  It is a combo of lt. blue and white.  I may just go with baby blue.  We shall see. 

How is everyone else doing?

Baby blue sounds like a great color to use for the pinafore.

Went yarn shopping with my friend - she would like 2 polar bear throws for her family room...lol! We got great yarn and I got some wonderful ideas for changing the look of the pattern when she shared pics of her two polar bear alpaca wall hangings! And the fun begins!!

I am not crocheting at the moment. I have 3 of the 4 blankets done for Christmas already.
I have been reading and coloring the last couple of weeks. Then i will get back to crocheting. Taking a shot at filet crochet next.

3 of 4 done - wow! I can see why you needed a break. If you can, would you be able to share pictures?

And we all reach that point of taking a vacation from the hook. I ADORE filet crochet - in both thread and yarn. Any project in mind for that?

I need my crochet mojo back!  Just got back from helping watch my grandson in Charlotte . He is teething and has allergies and  goodness he is 10 months and weighs 30 lbs. Carrying him up and down the steps and lifting him from the rocking chair up over the crib rail when he goes to bed threw a crick in my neck and shoulder... I hope to have hook in hand tomorrow. I did finish a very simple dishcloth to give to a friend...

You too!? We give too much...sounds like some "me" time is in order around here.

The doll dress is sitting on the side and the tote is moving along.  Lots to do and so little time.

So true!

I was working on a RR while waiting to begin the polar bear graphs. Last night I called it finished at lapghan/baby size. I'll get a pic tomorrow. Aches and pains because of the bad scoliosis in my back haven't made things too easy...walk too much, sit too much in the wrong chairs - none of it's good. Hubby is trying to get me to look into getting measured for a back brace the orthopedist suggested I might need a few years ago. Being warm and losing mobility with it are some things I may have to come to terms with. Tomorrow should be a better day!

The shark and mermaid tail blanket pics are posted earlier in this thread. I am planning on making a small rose filet crochet square to line a small tray i am giving to my sister in law for Christmas ,.. if it looks decent.

Archived