Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Thought you might like to see the doll.  I left off the wings and used cream for the dress with red roses and I took off the lace on the back of the head band. 

It is knitted and it is going to my SIL in New Jersey.  Oh yeah, here is also the pictures of everything I am sending her.  It is waiting with the tote to be picked up.

The last gift for 2015. The doll is 14"

post-105-0-73410300-1451768556_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-40920600-1451768586_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-45052100-1451768601_thumb.jpg

The total gift

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you might like to see the doll. I left off the wings and used cream for the dress with red roses and I took off the lace on the back of the head band.

It is knitted and it is going to my SIL in New Jersey. Oh yeah, here is also the pictures of everything I am sending her. It is waiting with the tote to be picked up.

The last gift for 2015. The doll is 14"

attachicon.gifsp Carol Christmas 2015.JPGattachicon.gifSP Carol Christmas 2015 (2).JPGattachicon.gifSP Aruba Basket.JPG

The total gift

Those are all great looking projects. Your SIL is a lucky lady.

I have a hat that I want to make for my mom to match the scarf I made her for Christmas. Just waiting for the yarn to come in. Then I saw the Harry Potter CAL today and I really want to make one for my Alicia, who turns 11 in June. But then, I might get in trouble if I don't also do one for my Sami-girl, too. I don't know if I can do 2 of them at once... Decisions, decisions!

I have a hat that I want to make for my mom to match the scarf I made her for Christmas. Just waiting for the yarn to come in. Then I saw the Harry Potter CAL today and I really want to make one for my Alicia, who turns 11 in June. But then, I might get in trouble if I don't also do one for my Sami-girl, too. I don't know if I can do 2 of them at once... Decisions, decisions!

You can do it!! A new year.... something new! LOL

Off topic a sec - when I post I no longer have the tool bar so I can't change size, do colors, emojs, nothing. Have no idea what happened and couldn't figure it out in the help section so if any of you can help I'd appreciate it.

Back to topic

Co-worker - afghan

mom - Sashay scarf

Holly...we ALL do more than one thing at atime...lol!

Pat, what are you using for your posts? I'm on a Nook, and its basic, so is the look I get when I post from my phone...

Hi All! Haven't been on in a while but wanted to checknin and say I MADE IT! Got all my holiday projects done and even just finished a wip ghan for me after the holidays. The Wobbly Squares Blanket pattern by Tw-In Stitches, in my favorite colors.

Glad everyone had a good holiday season and am enjoying seeing everyone's finished things!

post-10396-0-96436800-1452017898_thumb.jpg

post-10396-0-37268200-1452017937_thumb.jpg

post-10396-0-08435100-1452018059_thumb.jpg

post-10396-0-35300800-1452018111_thumb.jpg

post-10396-0-26827200-1452018167_thumb.jpg

Here are the front and back views of the small tote bag I made for a friend. Big enough to hold her mini ipad and the handles can be looped over the control of her motorized scooter.

post-8552-0-41945300-1452022583_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-87967900-1452022602.jpg

Hi All! Haven't been on in a while but wanted to checknin and say I MADE IT! Got all my holiday projects done and even just finished a wip ghan for me after the holidays. The Wobbly Squares Blanket pattern by Tw-In Stitches, in my favorite colors.

Glad everyone had a good holiday season and am enjoying seeing everyone's finished things!

You have been very productive! Nice projects.

Thanks, ladies!

My friend got the bag yesterday and said when she saw the ladybug she screetched so loud down there in FL she was surprised I didn't hear her up here in NJ. I'm hoping it lifts her spirits so she can start the New Yer on a good note.It always feels good when you know you hit the nail on the head with a design choice.

I have another gift request...from hubby for an old friend. This guy and his wife are retired cops and my hbby knew him from their early days in the NYPD. The pattern is a graph ghan of the USMC logo. I'll personalize it too. I made the same pattern a few years ago, and it's not hard. I'm looking forward to another beaming face when we give it to him. Not sure if anyone knows a former marine, but in their lexicon there's no such thing as "former". Once a marine, always a marine.

And iupdated my blog....finally...this pattern, and others, are on there.

Finished these Faded Lace Mitts by Meg Haines in Cascade Yarns Heritage Prints Merino Wool/ 20% Nylon... These are for my Aunt for her birthday this month. The picture does not do these mitts justice. They are so soft and I love the yarn pattern!

Not so much time to crochet with Mom here, but I do take time through the day when she naps to hook a bit!

I got a package from Mary Maxium today, and one from Annie's.... THAT will keep me busy for awhile!!

post-497-0-06007500-1452212543_thumb.jpg

Archived