Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Some are still picking up the wrapping paper from yesterday...and here I am starting our group up again for next year!

Feel free to post pictures of your finished projects here in this thread. Links would be welcome, too, as long as anythng you share follows Crochetville guidelines.

We're also here to be a sounding board, answer questions, all of that...as well as be your cheering section!

Welcome, one and all!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... I need to think about this and come up with a plan for next year!

Or you can be like me: fly by the seat of your pants...lol!

Welcome!

I'm definitely in again!

1. For GD #1: owl blanket; owl purse
2. For GD #2: ABC blanket
3. Baskets for all my "girl" Christmas presents (finished: 4 for b-days; 1 in grey bernat blanket; #2 rose, 3-4 yellow, 5-6 grey, 7-9 claret, 9 ocean)
4. retro ornament afghan for me and maybe another for DIL if the first goes well
5. gingerbread afghan for me
6. several ufo's to finish up--afghan, shawl, toys
7. maybe a mermaid tail blanket for GD #1's birthday

I am in.  I have a short list, well so far that is solid.

1. knitted doll christening outfit.

2. Comedy/drama mask afghan for Granddaughter.

Both of these are started and hope to be finished soon.

I have a few already set in stone, and I'm really hoping I can get them all done!

Afghan for our family Christmas in Kosh. Colors and pattern still to be determined. 

Uncle T; Steelers themed afghan.

Wow, ladies! Welcome back ....I love your lists!

I just finished making a basket as barter in exchange for receiving a fabric bag I really wanted. I'll try and get a pic of the basket tomorrow. I made it from a woven basket pattern in Baskets for All, from Annie's Crochet. I really like it....will likely make some for myself..lol!

This technically was my last Christmas gift of 2015, but since we've moved over here I thought I'd share here.  DH and I normally host a big Christmas Eve party for family and a few close friends, but I got sick and then he got sick so we had to cancel.  We rescheduled for Boxing Day.  Meanwhile poor Yoda was still coatless.  Our friend decided he'd wait to come until yesterday, so I had a little extra time to work on his Yoda's coat.  Once again Darski's Pilgrim pattern came through, this time in mini form.

Yoda

I love Yoda. He came out great.

9And he counts as a 2015 christmas gift because in our tradition christmas is until January 6)

Yoda is adorable.  Christmas here is also till January 6th. 

In fact, the Greek community here has a dive for the cross in the bayou not far from the Church.  Young Greek boys dive for a cross that is thrown into the bayou by the Greek Bishop and who ever comes up with it is suppose to have good luck all year. 

It is really a big thing here.  They even put it on TV. 

This technically was my last Christmas gift of 2015, but since we've moved over here I thought I'd share here.  DH and I normally host a big Christmas Eve party for family and a few close friends, but I got sick and then he got sick so we had to cancel.  We rescheduled for Boxing Day.  Meanwhile poor Yoda was still coatless.  Our friend decided he'd wait to come until yesterday, so I had a little extra time to work on his Yoda's coat.  Once again Darski's Pilgrim pattern came through, this time in mini form.

Yoda

I can't see him here, but will look on tablet when I get a chance, I am sure he is AWESOME!!!!

I still don't have a list yet! I don't know what I want to make for people! Goodness.... I have LOTS I want to make for me LOL, but that doesn't help with gifts... My first one I know is I want to make Little Tribble Chica and Bonnie from Five nights at Freddies to go with his Foxy.

1. Chica, Bonnie - Little Tribbles Birthday in May

So far that is all I know!! Will add to it.

I love Yoda!

And yup, January 6th....

Mary Jo, I've seen that search for the cross on TV....its quite the tradition. Greeks are like that.

Here's my basket. Measures 10 in diameter and 6 deep... Give or take.

post-8552-0-48430800-1451354069_thumb.jpg

Well Ladies I definitely think I am going to join in.  I did nothing but last minute gifts this year and not the way I want to do 2016.  There is definitely one gift I wanted to do but didn't happen and that is a shawl for a dear from of mine.  First I have to finish an afghan I am still working on that will be a late Christmas present.  Total disorganization, I will definitely have to change that this year.

Love the basket.

Did not think that cross diving was shown outside of here.  This year, at least it will be warm, well so far anyway, still in the 80's with high humidity.

Hi Pat, welcome to the group.  This group really helped me this year.

I'd like to join in as well. First up is a cowl for my oldest dds birthday which is in January. Then there are all this years unfinished gifts: afghan for my grand daughter, a hat and cowl for ds, a hat for my oldest grandson, and probably more. I totally lost my crafting mojo these past few months.

Judy, that basket is really nice.

Archived