Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

Hello again. Forgot that I made this hat on Christmas night after all of the festivities were over. It was in the dryer. I have been home sick all day. Finally got the cruds my husband has had for over a week. I guess it's off to urgent care tomorrow. This is a hat done on the knitting machine. More mill ends, of course. Very nice yarn. Came in a giant skein like the Caron Pounders, but much softer.

post-13802-0-04542000-1451532979_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Colette and welcome. My iPad keeps skipping posts for some reason and after I posted my picture, about 5 posts popped up. I'm going to have to figure out how that happens.

10 or 12 hats in one week is amazing!! Do you make them all the same or vary the patterns? I have about 4 favorite patterns, but the color changes can make a pattern look very different, so I don't mind.

We are sure on a roll already. You'd think that as I was home all day, I would have done some crochet. But it is a testament to how sick I really am that I didn't even feel like chrocheting.

I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Hi, Denise--hope your computer is behaving today!  mine does weird things all the time!  I bought a new one--and it's even weirder!!  (Could it possibly be me????)

Since I need great numbers of hats for donations, I just use the plain ole hat patterns.  Nothing fancy--just nice colors and something to keep their heads warm!

Are you feeling better today?  Hope so!

Happy New Year everyone. Could be a bit happier here. I am still a big mess of sickness! I am grateful at least that it is not the flu, just upper respiratory.

Here are some cat mats I made last Sunday during the football games. The last one got very wonky at the end. Too much change in the thickness of yarns I was using I guess. The blue yarn from the scratchy scarf is at the very end...the skinny end.

post-13802-0-93807500-1451677640_thumb.jpegpost-13802-0-14334800-1451677653_thumb.jpegpost-13802-0-64398300-1451677667_thumb.jpeg

I like that. It sounds like my speed! You might remember that I tried that sort of complicated afghan last year and gave up after round 5 or 6 because my numbers were already wrong...

I was also hoping to see that dishcloth one too. I get in a dishcloth rut. I recently found a nice pattern for a big flower dish cloth that I will get bored with in about February! I like other people to find new patterns and test them for me! Ha ha.

hello all you wonderful charity crafters

well the spokes on my crochet wagon got stuck last year,lol

hopefully I'll have better progress this year

I found something that I started years ago,and maybe lost interest in,but its 36 inches wide,three strand,would make a heavy duty car blanket,or a dog mat

Welcome back Linda, I was hoping that you would show up here!

Finding an old project is sometimes fun...like someone gave you a head start!!

Unfortunately, other times you remember exactly why you stashed it away.

So last night I thought I would make some more cat toys. I grabbed two skeins of yarn from the "cat mat" pile. Most of the yarn I put aside for cat mats has either been donated to me or I found it at Goodwill. So I always wash cat yarn. A guy at work gave me about 50 skeins of Caron Dazzelaire in blue, white and pink solid and a pastel variegated that had belonged to his mother. So...I grabbed two that had been washed. I made one cat toy and then thought that the yarn would make a cute baby hat. Too tired from this blasted sinus infection to actually get up and walk to my craft room, I used the J hook I already had. So the hat sort of stands up on its own right now, but I'm hoping a good wash will soften it up. Here is the picture. Sorry for the distracting background.

post-13802-0-79650200-1451794557_thumb.jpeg

Yes, I am addicted to the fpdc, bpdc brim. I'm funny that way. I get stuck on something random now and then!

I really like that yarn for baby sets.  Love the little hat.

I have a question that y'all might be able to help with...

I love to make baby sets with a blanket, hat and sweater.  Some people are mentioning that the sweaters are not so popular now as they used to be.

I do think that the 3 pc. sets make a good impression at the baby shower and that is why I keep making them.  (well that and I like making them :rofl)

do you think that just the blankie and hat make a set?  I could add a bit of a toy or even a bottle cozy. 

what are your thoughts both as crocheters and attenders of baby showers:?

I was thinking the same thing there were lots of baby sets at the local Church sales this season.  The kids in our family are past that stage, but one would think in the colder weather especially you need something to keep the little ones warm.

I think it depends on the "mum". I think that most mom's would keep the little jacket for a keepsake, so it might not get used a lot. But if you are donating to a crisis center, the mom would probably be more practical and use the jacket until the baby out grows it.

I get frustrated when I make a quilt for a baby and the mom sends me of a picture of it hanging on the wall in the nursery! You almost feel like you have to give the mom permission to use the darn thing.

The Rainy Day outfit looks familiar. Have you made it before?

We are supposed to have a week of rain here in sunny Phoenix. It rained yesterday and on and off all day today. Not a downpour, but a light rain that makes you wonder if you need an umbrella or not. It's a nice change.

Archived