Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

So I have been pretty good at keeping up with my one toy per day quota. Here are my toys from this week.

post-13802-0-00608400-1481084136_thumb.jpeg

What? You say there are SEVEN days in a week and not 3? Well it seems that a certain furry little friend of mine keeps taking off with my toys. They are scattered all over the house. I need to collect them and get them in the wash.

How's everyone doing? Hope you are all ready for Christmas. I am not...seems like I am never ready anymore. The holiday just comes and runs me over and I think "next year I'll plan ahead". Sigh.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted everyone to know the Aztec Wishes doll donation was well received this morning.  I went to the drop off for the first time today.  Normally DH goes on his way to work, but the director asked me to come as she wanted to meet in person so DH took me with him.  She is still stunned by the amount of clothing we manage to put together for all the dolls and very grateful and appreciative of all the hard work.  I extend her thanks to Darski and Tampa Doll along with all the people who answered my wish list requests over the year.  Your kindness and thoughtfulness are truly appreciated

One of the things I do love about this program is it works on two levels.  You have the high school business tech students who learn about working with charities on a project.  We were discussing how they use databases and other skills to sort the requests received and match them to the items collected, etc.  They get to use the skills they are learning and they also connect with those in need on a personal basis.  Much goes into managing a project like this and the kids can learn quite a bit.  I guess it is the teacher in me, but I like that I'm helping kids learn.  Then there is the direct benefit of what we make going to children who are in need at Christmas.  Our gifts do double service and that just makes me even happier with donating here.

post-44922-0-72654600-1481294465_thumb.jpg

Hi there folks.

I have not been able to crochet since September.  My hands just don't do it even though they are not hurting or anything..  I thought perhaps my potassium levels were off as I had that problem before but those numbers are fine.

I'll just keep it in prayer and would appreciate prayers from all.

:ghug

Darski,

I've been praying for you since you mentioned before that you were having issue.  I do hope things can be resolved.  Peace and God Bless.

What a great program Bailey! It is a very clever combination of business smarts and charity work.

I hope Darski is doing well. It has been awhile since she popped in. I do worry about my 'Ville friends.

Howdy folks... still can't quite crochet ... I have started a couple of things but I can't seem to set to and finish them. 

I've started a CAL for Canada's sesquicentennial (150 years) so I have to dig in there. 

I appreciate all your kind words.  :ghug

• 2 weeks later...

Well ladies, shall we meet up here next year?

I finally decided to try a little baby cardigan. No babies on the way that I know of, but I came across this tutorial on you tube. I watched it twice through before I started and still a managed to mess up the armholes twice. But it is very easy and I like it. So maybe I can branch out from hats and do some baby stuff? The you tube channel is Wolly Wonders. She has a lot of baby stuff. I am going to look at the booties pattern before bed. I have never found a baby booties pattern that I have been able to do well.

post-13802-0-90645500-1482379909_thumb.jpeg

Well, OK! As long as there is someone else who wants to hang out, I will be here. I will keep making cat stuff and hats and maybe, just maybe, some baby stuff.

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems Darski. It must be hard to be patient and rest when you'd rather be crocheting.

2017 is all set up and ready to go! 

Linda, I just noticed that you have 50 birds nests in your siggy for 2016!  Well done, I didn't know you managed to get that much done with all of the things that came up in your life this year. 

I lost track in about....March!  Oh well. I will try again.

Darski, here's hoping you get your hands back for 2017!

Archived