Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Big adoption event tomorrow. All of my kittens are going. Even the ones who have been hiding under the bad for 2 weeks. I really don't know what I'm going to do with those two.

I made 24 blankets and 6 pillows to decorate the kennels. Not much crocheting going on this week at my house!

post-13802-0-69505900-1453528658_thumb.jpeg

Well, my two little orange kittens both got homes. Not together, but that is rare.

The two scared kittens went to a Petsmart store after the event. They did pretty well at the event and it sure seems that forcing them to have face time with a lot of people as good for them. We'll see how the act in the store. I'm pooped. Need some crochet time and bed.

Last night when I was wide awake despite new sleeping pills that obviously don't work, I made the crown of this hat, and tonight I turned it into a "Tezzie" hat. I have done this design before. I like it a lot in solid colors. It's kind of odd looking in veriagated. Tomorrow I have a mountain of laundry to attack.

post-13802-0-48740800-1453611223_thumb.jpeg

Blogger was having an issue last week.  I preposted this outift and then it posted it right away.  I saved it to draft set it to prepost and again it posted right away, only this time I didn't notice until quite a bit later.  Third time was the charm

Little Miss Firecracker

This covers the Patriotic holidays for my donation doll.  The pattern was another Christmas present from DH.

Hi again....I made this hat tonight while watching tv. You know I can't stay away from the mill ends at Joanns. I ran these two yarns together on a J hook. I think it is gorgeous and it's very warm. I'm going to make another one for my craft show/etsy shop.

post-13802-0-38373800-1454223753_thumb.jpegpost-13802-0-69247100-1454223764_thumb.jpeg

Wow, Bailey, you certainly can whip up those beautiful doll clothes quickly. I like them all, but I think the Easter outfit is my favorite.

Denise, I like your hats a lot. Both hats have such a nice textured look to them.I don't ever remember seeing one like that gray hat before. I also think the green variegated hat should be a good seller for you.

I will finally have my first charity project of the year finished today. It's a baby blanket that I've been knitting on and off for at least 6 months. I also have a crocheted baby dress in the works. Hopefully I will make my 12 item goal this year.

Cindy, yippee one blanket done! I tried to check your blog (and Bailey's too) but my iPad is being really stubborn tonight so I can't look at the pictures to ooh and aah. I guess I will have to do that tomorrow.

The grey (but really blue) hat is called the Tezzie. I watched a tutorial by Bob Wilson 123 on you tube. It's very easy actually. I think I made about 4 of them last year. I made the mistake of making it from some blue yarn that was meant for cat mats because it didn't wash up very soft. But I beat it into submission with 3 rides through the dryer with other wet clothes and my wool dryer balls and I think it is suitable for donation now.

Work has been tough this week and it's only Wednesday, but on the bright side, tomorrow is my last day for the week because I have Friday off. Yay. I need to get some fleece cat beds made.

Denise, thanks for the info on the hat pattern. I have been lazy about updating my blog, but I plan to get a picture of the baby blanket here, once it's dry. I needed to block it, since the sides were curling in. I haven't checked to see if it's dry yet.

My iPad did let me check out Bailey4's blog, and those doll clothes are lovely. BTW, Bailey4, do you ever sleep? You crochet so many things and you also manage to read a lot of books. Wish I could be that productive!

Love the blanket.  The color is beautiful.

The old saying about make hay while the sun shines works for me when it comes to the doll clothes.  It really comes in spurts.  There are times I can get lots of them done and then I can't stand to look at a doll pattern for weeks.

Archived