Lost Gift :( - FOUND!

Have you ever spent weeks working on an afghan for someone and then it disappears? 

I just had this happen.  I made this afghan for my neighbor.  The husband took over taking care of my yard after I was no longer physically able to handle it.  He won't let me pay him, so every year I get them a Christmas present.  This year I decided to make them a queen size afghan.

I took it over to them, but they weren't home.  I figured that they'd be home soon.  We live in the back of a very nice residential neighborhood.  So, I hung the gift bag on their side door, underneath their carport.  A little while ago I saw that they were home, so I went over to see if they got it.  They never saw it and I'm kicking myself for not waiting until they were home.  :(

I hope everyone else has a better Christmas Eve than I'm having.  :cry

ETA: I saw my neighbor today and they found the afghan.  One of the kids had put it under the tree.  They really loved it.  WHEW!!!  :D

Oh my- I'm so sorry this happened. Especially since it was such a special gift. I've heard about this going on across the nation with delivered packages from the commercial delivery services. When packages are "dumped" on patios and porches instead of actually delivered, they are stolen from the recipient before they even knew they were there. I usually have a "sign at delivery" included on packages I send. I must say, even a personal package going missing is lower than low. Here's hoping for a brighter Christmas Day. :hug 

Thank you both.  At least I took pictures of it and got them posted.  I'm going to recreate it, but it won't be for a few months.  It'll be too depressing to redo right away.  At least they'll have it for next winter.  The silver lining is that we're having an unseasonably warm winter.

That is great redrosesdz! I'm so glad for you it was found. How funny....put it under the tree....who'd of thought.

What did I miss???  It looks like it was found which is fantastic but what happened, I don't see anything posted.

HI Pat,

On Christmas Eve I delivered the afghan I had made to my neighbor's house.  They weren't home, so I hung the gift bag on their side door, under their carport.  A few hours later, I saw that they were home.  I went over to make sure they got it.  The husband and the oldest kid that still lives at home both said that they hadn't seen it.  They both looked around the first floor, but didn't find it.  I was devastated.

On Sunday I went out for brunch with my family to the local diner.  The mother happened to be working there that day.  She told me that they found it and that they love it!  One of the younger kids had brought it in and put it under the tree.  (They have 6 kids ranging in age from 14 to 26.)  Mystery solved!  :)

By the way, I posted a link to the afghan in the first post.

After I had read your first post, I said a little prayer that the afghan would be returned. I'm delighted to now read it was found under the Christmas tree!

Archived