greyhoundgrandma

2016 Stashbusting CAL

We don't seem to have too much snow here...not that I'm complaining! In the meantime, I'm attempting to finish a skein before the end of the night.

Finished off a ball I didn't even know I had and rolled another to keep working on a doll dress for +2

Watching all the news about the blizzard makes me very happy that I now live in the south!  I grew up in Ohio & Michigan, and I learned how to crochet during the blizzard of 1978.  :flake   I sure hope everyone is doing okay!  We usually don't have "real" winters here in Texas, but I truly hate some of the temperature swings we have.  This week, it's ranged from the mid-sixties to wind chills in the teens.  That's probably why I've got a case of bronchitis right now.  :sick   But, it's given me the chance to get a little bit of crocheting done this weekend.  I used up three balls in my stash, but then I went and bought a skein of Caron Simply Soft.  So, not a great score this week, but at least something!

WTD:  +1  YTD:  -3  

Well, I did it!  I worked some more on my afghan and used up another skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -8

:c9

Lot of late nights this week, so did some hat and scarf sets.  Just in time for the snow, over 2 ft here and the wind is still howling.  WTD+24

Lot of late nights this week, so did some hat and scarf sets.  Just in time for the snow, over 2 ft here and the wind is still howling.  WTD+24

Looks like you matched your score to the inches of snow!  LOL  Be careful out there... :hug

I was going to do something yarny today.  I promise, I was.  I have zero inspiration, so I can't tell you what that yarny thing might have been, but it's a moot point anyway because it never happened... :(

Perhaps tomorrow.  We shall see.  I also have things I need to do for my job tomorrow, and I suppose that needs to happen first.  LOL

:hug

WTD 0

Trying not to buy yarn until I finish a project, so far so good. I did roll leftover yarn into a ball.

WTD: +1 YTD: + 7 for week of 1/23/16

Edited by Addicted2patterns

WTD: -8 YTD: -8...

I guess that probably makes me the chump... I almost never buy yarn, but this week I went to two stores because I was almost out of white and black!

WTD: -8 YTD: -8...

I guess that probably makes me the chump... I almost never buy yarn, but this week I went to two stores because I was almost out of white and black!

Welcome to the group! Sometimes you just have to restock!

• Like 1

I didn't use up ANY yarn this week, and sadly, only brought enough with me for my temperature afghan =/ I've got that caught up & have been reading tons though...

WTD 0

Scores for the week ending 1/24/16

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +24

Silver Medal Winner: Bailey4 +8

Bronze Medal Winner: owlvlamp +7 & SamT87 +7

Yarn flying all over the house:

MalisaMeesa +5

GreyhoundGrandma +4

Ellie13 +4  

ladychris2010 +2  

PBLKNP +2

Yarnscrapper +2

AddictedtoYarn +1

Pineknot +1

HollyzHobbyz +1

Holding steady:

Jessicali 

CrabbyRat

Using some; getting some:

Shoot the Moon Winner: ShanaEirin -8

Edited by jessicali

Thanks for posting the scores, Jessica!

ShanaEirin, as the shoot the moon winner, you are in line to post the scores next week. If you are unable to, just let me know and I'll do it.

gahhhh stupid internet! the storm knocked out my power last night. so I'm late but

WTD +5 YTD +16

• Like 1

Got your score put in there!!

gahhhh stupid internet! the storm knocked out my power last night. so I'm late but

WTD +5 YTD +16

• Like 1

+1 Starting the week rolling a ball to work on another doll dress.  This is where I start getting into a bit of trouble.  I think this is the last skein of pale pink I have.  So while I'm glad to be making stuff with yarn on hand, I use lots of pink, so I'm going to eventually have to get more.

• Like 1

Y'all are on the ball already!! I'm struggling.. I just don't even feel like picking up a hook. Maybe it's because I only brought enough yarn with me to work on my temp ghan.. Not sure why I didn't pack more =/

Y'all are on the ball already!! I'm struggling.. I just don't even feel like picking up a hook. Maybe it's because I only brought enough yarn with me to work on my temp ghan.. Not sure why I didn't pack more =/

You can never take too many projects! LOL

Bleh, I have an order for a panda bear, and I may have to get more yarn for that... I can't seem to be able to help myself! We'll see, I ask the person who ordered it if it's ok to do with the yarn I already have. Otherwise I might just do it double stranded.

Well there went my score... 

Bought a pattern to work on since the only yarn I brought with me was for my temperature ghan. 

I got 3 different shades of purple and aran so I can make a dragon fly afghan by Charmed by Ewe. 

• Like 1