2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

had to buy some yarn for a cocoon set for a friend and bought some additional yarn that was on clearance. managed to use up a skein making a coaster and placemat set.

WTD: -6 YTD: +3 for week of 4/9/16.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scores for the week ending 4/9/16:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +37

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +7

Bronze Medal Winner--tie: howieann & Bailey4 +3

PBLKNP +2

yarn_monkey 0

yarnscrapper 0

SamT87 -2

Addicted2patterns -6

MalisaMeesa -6

HollyzHobbyz -6

Shoot the Moon Winner: ShanaEirin -24

I didn't post last week, but I had 0 anyway. I finished the bear and rolled down a skein (+ 1). I made some more pink and purple squares, 1 ball used (+ 1), 32 done, 4 more to go. I sold the girl bear to a co-worker, now she wants a boy bear. If I get it done by Sat., I'll use the rest of the brown and maybe a ball of blue.

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 40

Ellie 13

I have a question... Turns out I'm allergic to the yarn of my new CAL, so I just ordered new yarn that is similar, and sold the old package. Now, my friend won't pick up the package until 2 weeks from now, but she already paid for it, so technically it's not mine anymore. Do I already count it as plus or not? The new yarn will be less skeins than the old, as I already had some of that in stock.

I have a question... Turns out I'm allergic to the yarn of my new CAL, so I just ordered new yarn that is similar, and sold the old package. Now, my friend won't pick up the package until 2 weeks from now, but she already paid for it, so technically it's not mine anymore. Do I already count it as plus or not? The new yarn will be less skeins than the old, as I already had some of that in stock.

You would count it when it is out of your stash, but that could be interpreted as when it doesn't belong to you. The main thing is just to count the yarn going in and going out. You can decide on the minute details of ownership.

I confess, there's been a slight hiccup in my efforts to stash-bust...I paid a visit to my LYS today, on the way to the supermarket, and got a skein of sock yarn, and a skein of Encore Chunky.  I'm planning to make an afghan, and wanted to experiment with a skein of Encore Chunky to see if it would work for what I plan to do.  So...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -2 YTD -12

:devil  :devil  :devil

Scores for the week ending 4/17/16:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +17

Silver Medal Winner: Addicted2patterns +6

Bronze Medal Winner--tie: pineknott & Greyhoundgrandma & SamT87 +2

Howieann +1

Hollyzhobbyz +1

yarnscrapper 0

ShanaEirin 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -4

Oh, no! Who knew -2 could get me "Shoot the Moon"??? Actually, I suddenly realized I bought TWO skeins, so it should have been -4! Feel free to adjust my score. I make a note to do the scores next week!

Archived