2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this joining method I was using on my Moogly ghan really obliterated the yarn... which also meant it had to be replenished. All those numbers written on my notepad didn't get me very far! Lol At least until tomorrow, I won't need to replace anything.  :reyes

WTD +2

I'm going to be posting scores before lunch tomorrow because DH and I are meeting with our realtor to look at a few houses right after lunch. If I miss anybody or post too early, I'll be glad to adjust things tomorrow evening.  :)  Happy Saturday!

I finished the dress and working on the teddy bear. Used a ball and rolled down a skein :cheer (+ 2). Someone gave my mom 4 knitted strips (10 in. X 68 in.) and 3 balls of :yarn with them (- 3). So of course she gave them to me make into an afghan  :irk. The :yarn is a variegated dark purple, purple and blue. I remember seeing it a long time ago (late 70's :think ). There might be enough to :crocheting them together, but I'd need more for a border. I've checked A.C. Moore with no luck, most likely discontinued. I'll just finish the bear for now.

WTD: - 1  YTD: + 38

Ellie 13

On the tablet and in a hurry so nothing fancy this week... sorry ladies!

GOLD MEDAL WINNER

ShanaEirin +68

SILVER MEDAL WINNER

owlvamp +22

BRONZE MEDAL WINNER

lhasaapsolady +14

USING UP THAT YARN...

SamT87 +7

Bailey4 +7

MalisaMeesa +4

yarn_monkey +2

HOLDING STEADY...

PBLKNP

HowieAnn

MAYBE BUYING MORE THAN USING...

Ellie13 -1

yarnscrapper -7

SHOOTING THE MOON...

greyhoundgrandma -82

If anybody else posts later, I'll adjust when we get home! =)

Might have been smarter to wait with logging my donation (which I had ready to go on Saturday, but I only got around to delivering today) until today, as now my package for the new Scheepjes CAL arrived... It's beautiful, but...

WTD: -30

Working on a cowl and used up a skein....+2.

Finished the cowl and another skein....+2  =  +4. Strangely this is the third cowl from the same pattern with the same yarn just different colors. This one only took two skeins instead of the three the pattern called for. It's a thick and thin kind of yarn and this color seemed a lot more thin than thick, but I didn't realize it could make that much difference.

I just finished a v-stitch blanket, pillow to match just need to put a few more rounds and then making an owl pillow all from Bernat Baby blanket yarn I have. +8 will have more to count before the end on the night.

I gave away 12 balls of cotton yarn .+24 gave 2 skeins away +4 I made & hot pads and an owl pillow +21 bought 6 skeins of yarn. -12

My score is WTD +37

Working on a hot pad right now. Will add it's score to next week if I finish.

So much yarn happening and so little progress either direction! Had to buy 1 skein each of 3 different colors to finish my Moogly ghan (-6), finished off one of them (+2) and then 2 other skeins on chemo caps (+4). 

Also. If you have them around you, those little skeins of Premier Yarns Ever Soft are the perfect size for chemo hats!  :yes

WTD 0

Archived