2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I thought I was making good progress on getting my week's points back by finishing off 5 whole skeins on Sophie! (+10) and then I went to AC Moore to use my birthday bonus points coupon... That required a $5 minimum purchase and I found small skeins for $1 each that would be great for chemo hats... 5 skeins later, there went my positive progress! (-10) and now I'm back at -15 for the week! Hopefully I can make a little more progress before tomorrow night! 

I'm at my parents for Easter, I used 2 small balls :crocheting on the bus/subway trip here (+2). I have to make a teddy bear, but I have no brown, so my mom and I went to Michael's. I only got the brown (-2) and some cute buttons for the dress. I finished the dress, but can't start the bear because I didn't bring the pattern :oops. I have my thumb drive, so if I can get my dad's computer to open the files I might get a printout.

WTD:  0  YTD:  + 39

Ellie 13

:garden   :rose   HAPPY EASTER :flower   :rabbit :wcold

I tried really hard to make all those negative points back and got several scrap balls and a leftover skein out of the stash and added them to my scrap c2c for a total of +8... Still didn't get where I wanted to, but better than I figured! I know I won't get anything else finished off tonight but hopefully next week will be good news!

WTD -7  YTD +101

One of those weeks again of working on my afghan with the giant skeins from Herrschners, so I didn't use up a skein...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -12

:bang

Happy Easter!

We had Favorite Book Character dress up day at school this week, and I went as the Lorax. I made a hat for the outfit, which used up 3 skeins of yarn (those tiny skeins of eyelash/feather type yarn) and rolled a skein down to a small ball... Then last night that small ball ended up all strung out and outside ~ not exactly sure how that happened, but we had family here and extra kids, so some sort of nefarious scheme was probably afoot!

My final score for the week is:

WTD +8

I'm pretty sure my year score is:

YTD +12

On my phone so no fancy text or bright colors...

Scores for the week ending 3/26/16:

Gold Medal Winner: crabby rat +8

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +7

Bronze Medal Winner: Bailey4 +6

MalisaMeesa +4

howieann +1

PBLKNP 0

pineknott 0

Ellie 13 0

yarnscrapper 0

jessicali 0

Addicted2patterns -2

ShanaEirin -6

Shoot the Moon Winner: yarn_monkey -7

March scores:

Gold Medal Winner: yarn_monkey +101

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +84

Bronze Medal Winner: yarnscrapper +76

Ellie 13 +39

ShanaEirin + 34

MalisaMeesa +29

crabby rat +12

Addicted2patterns +9

jessicali -3

Bailey4 -5

March's Shoot the Moon Winner is a tie at -12: PBLKNP & greyhoundgrandma

running late but going to the moon, too: howieann -51

I didn't get in here this morning, so here are my scores. No changes for the week, but I'm still in the worst spot for the year:

WTD: 1  YTD: -51

I added you to the lists, Holly.

This next week is going to be really ugly--my order of 40 something skeins is supposed to be here Friday. They're fairly small skeins for two temperature throws. But the bad news is the orange was out of stock and I can't get it until May and my blankets are starting with July temperatures (when the GD were born) so I can't get started using any of the yarn until I get the orange.

I'll just have to work on other stuff and try to get some yarn used up.

I was gone from last Tuesday until late last night, so I didn't have internet connection (My grammie lives in the boonies & can't get internet) so I wasn't able to post my scores.. So my score for last week was

W​TD; 0  YTD -3

I was gone from last Tuesday until late last night, so I didn't have internet connection (My grammie lives in the boonies & can't get internet) so I wasn't able to post my scores.. So my score for last week was

W​TD; 0  YTD -3

I added you to the lists.

Archived