2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got two skeins in yesterday. Finished a skein on an Afghan this morning. I should have a package in the mail today, but -2 for now.

The other package came in.....10 skeins of holiday yarn, so now.....-22.

Used up another skein...-2..... -20 so far.

Turns out it doesn't matter if I count the yarn when I ordered it or when it arrived, cause it all arrived today lol. After checking my packing slips and double checking my original orders, it appears I miscounted the amount originally and it was only 60 skeins lol I have gotten a whole baby graph-gan finished this week, so I've managed to use some yarn up, but I'm going to be so negative when I make my official count tomorrow  :lol

OK so here's my final counts....this week I received a skein as a gift (-2), ordered and received 60 skeins (-120), bought 2 kits with 6 balls each (-12). I also used up 4 skeins (+8) and 2 balls (+2) on a baby feet graph-gan for a friend who is due in March!

WTD : -124

YTD: -13

Over all, I'm actually pretty pleased with that final YTD number considering everything I got this week  :D I had decided I wanted to start 2017 with zero WIPs, and I managed that. I've spent today planning and writing out patterns for the next several projects I've got on my list (more baby graph-gans) and I'm about to go sort through my stash and pull what I need for each of those. Looking forward to seeing what I can do in 2017!!! 

Happy New Year's Everyone!!! :yay 

Well. I didn't get my annual load of leftover yarn to my friend in New Mexico in time to impact my counts...PLUS, people generously gave me yarn for Christmas, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -10 YTD -100

I hope to do better on my totals next year!  Of course, I say this EVERY year...  :devil   :devil   :devil

Wow! And here I was blue about being in the negatives for my YTD  :lol  I'm fairly sure I've got this week's Shoot the Moon in the bag though...I spent today organizing my stash into plastic bins (3 114 gallon bins and 2 66 gallon bins...why do they measure those things by gallons anyway???). I've also printed out the next 2 graph-gans I'm doing (a Hogwart's crest and a tribal wolf) as baby blankets and wrote out the line-by-line directions for both. Also pulled the yarn for a Bavarian baby blanket I'll be starting tomorrow. I managed to make it through today without starting any projects, so I'm going to get to start 2017 with no WIPs!!  :clap

I'm heading to bed now, so I just want to wish you all a very happy new year's and I hope 2017 is an amazing year for each of you!! :manyheart

Scores for the week ending 12/31/16:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +5

Silver Medal Winner: yarnscrapper +2

Ellis 13 0

PBLKNP -10

greyhoundgrandma -20

MalisaMeesa -85

howieann -114

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -124

Last YTD scores for 2016:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +145

Silver Medal Winner: yarnscrapper +100

Bronze Medal Winner: ShanaEirin +78

Ellie 13 +90

Inkked0317 -13

PBLKNP -100

greyhoundgrandma -119

howieann -203

2016 Shoot the Moon Winner MalisaMeesa -267

Thanks to all for checking in this last week. Hope to see you on the new thread for 2017.

If anyone posts late and wants their scores added, I'll be glad to insert them without changing any of the posted winners.

Thanks so much! As always, this was lots of fun. Granted, I ended up on the negative side, but I always look forward every week to seeing people's scores and the back stories on how they got there!

Archived