2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Reminder: This week will be the last week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a good week with lots of crocheting! I'm headed to the airport this morning to fly to CO and will drive back on Monday or Tuesday with my DIL, two GDs (ages 1 and 3) and a cat. My younger son (who will be driving the uhaul and leaving a day earlier) and his family are moving back to MS. We are so looking forward to having them close by!

Safe travels for you and your family,its nice that they'll be closer now

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we made it home safely tonight. A very long 4 days even though everyone was pretty well behaved. Just glad it's done and now they just have to get unpacked and settled. Hope there will be some relaxing crochet time sometimes in the next couple of days!

Nothing more used up but I started a Knitted Sweater on the 27th so hopefully I'll get a lot done in the next week or so!

WTD 0 YTD -27

super proud at how fast that number is going down!

This week I finished the first twin sized granny blanket a friend has commissioned me to make for her (4 skeins, 1 ball +9), bought the yarn for the second twin sized granny blanket for the same friend (11 skeins -22), and got some work done on that one (3 skeins, +6).

WTD = -7

YTD = 111

I hope to finish this blanket in the next couple days and then I'll be starting to work on a collection of patterns I'm making for Christmas gifts for the toddlers in my life! I've collected a bunch of patterns for toy foods and I'm going to make a play kitchen set with a crochet piece that looks like a stove top and sink, crochet pots & pans & plates, and the food of course! Making three sets to be given as Christmas gifts!  I'm excited to get started on those!

Well, I've been chugging away with my afghan, which I'm trying to get done for a birthday present in mid-August, and managed to get a skein used up!  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -50

:manyheart   :cheer 

Scores for week ending July 30, 2016

Gold Medal:   PBLKNP  +2

No Silver or Bronze medal this week!!!

Holding steady:​ 

​greyhoundgrandma 0

​MalisaMeesa  0

​ShanaEirin  0

​Addicted2patterns  0

yarnscrapper  0

​Playing with that new yarn!!

howieann - 2

And shoot the moon is Inkked0317 with -7

​YTD Scores:

Gold Medal:  Inkked0317  +111

Silver Medal:  ShanaEirin   +86

Bronze Medal:  yarnscrapper   +67

Working on the stash: 

Addicted2patterns  +23

Adding to the stash:

MalisaMeesa  -27

​PBLKNP  -50

howiean  -71

And shoot the moon...

greyhoundgrandma -89

So I went shopping for yarn to start working on Christmas gifts. I'm making 3 sets of a play kitchen with food, all crochet. I'm trying out all these patterns for the first time, so there are certainly pieces that I'm only going to make once and not one for each set lol. So because of these sets, I needed to buy 15 skeins of yarn, all different colors (-30). I've been working all week, using small amounts but not finishing anything of the new yarn. However, before I went shopping I did manage to use up 6 skeins and 2 balls (+14) on blankets that I was asked to make for a friend!

WTD : -16

YTD : 95

Archived