Hookin Catluvr

Refresher class

Hi knitters!

l learned to knit a few years ago but want to take it up again after the holidays. I need some suggestion for some good how-to videos or books. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

I'd look at the classes on Craftsy, there are some very good ones.  http://www.craftsy.com/classes/knitting

I have Improve Your Knitting by Patty Lyons and I find her to be a very good teacher and her love of knitting is kind of infectious.

if you sign up for their emails you will get notified when they have a sale which happens frequently.  

I learned to knit around 1970, made a couple of things and then dropped it until 2010.  I found knitting help.com to be a great refresher 'course'.  Especially because I apparently learned continental combined, and it took a little head scratching to figure out how to 'read' my stitches--that site helped me figure out what was going on.

Ditto on KnittingHelp.com. Super site and maybe this site will get me going finally.

Every once in awhile I try to teach myself to knit. I'm not quite sure why knitting needles and me do not coordinate. I'm such a fumbledeedoof when it comes to maneuvering them with yarn. I have several sizes in wood and metal, but, none are comfy- Yet!

Last night I came across these YouTube videos, so, they are on my list for next time of giving it a go.

How to Purl the Easy Way       Continental Purling- New/Improved

Continental Style                English Style

Edited by ReniC