Kitchen Towel Topper Sets

RecycleCindy

Here are two kitchen towel sets I crocheted for Christmas gifts. I used the double layered towel topper pattern and then added a few matching dishcloths to go with each. I am going to make a few more towels and dishcloths too. I love that the topper doesn't use much cotton so I have been using up scraps of cotton balls.

post-10977-0-63411100-1448640012_thumb.jpg  post-10977-0-44596400-1448639958_thumb.jpg

Great job!  I, too, love making towel toppers and matching dishcloths.  I think they are the gifts that get most appreciated and used.

I know you already started making them, but I'd thought I'd share how I start mine, just in case you want another idea.  I fold the towel in half and use a highlighter to mark the center line.  Next I embroider a chain, using the line as my guide.  Tea towels are not very solid, so my blunt needle for weaving in yarn works great for making the chain.  The tops of the chain look exactly like the tops of crochet stitches.  I then just crochet the first row into the chain.

Great job!  I, too, love making towel toppers and matching dishcloths.  I think they are the gifts that get most appreciated and used.

I know you already started making them, but I'd thought I'd share how I start mine, just in case you want another idea.  I fold the towel in half and use a highlighter to mark the center line.  Next I embroider a chain, using the line as my guide.  Tea towels are not very solid, so my blunt needle for weaving in yarn works great for making the chain.  The tops of the chain look exactly like the tops of crochet stitches.  I then just crochet the first row into the chain.

Thanks!  I have seen that method also. I like just single crocheting across the top. I use a steel crochet hook to get through the layer and then use a G (4 mm) hook to finish the stitch. The first row is a bit slow but once done, the rest of the topper is easy.

Archived