Question

Hi all!

So I have gotten through the first quarter of my awareness ribbon shawl and took a break from it (since I got a bit flustered with it) and started work on some other Christmas presents. I am making an owl pillow for my sister and she (not knowing that she did  :lol ) picked out a very fuzzy cotton candy looking yarn that I used to make a bow for her owl. Now I have 41 yards of the yarn left and I'd LOVE to make her something small, maybe that she could wear with it! 

Any ideas or patterns I could use the remainder of the yarn on?

~Maddi

4 answers to this question

41 yards is not a lot of yarn.  You could make a bow or flower and put it on an alligator clip.  That way she could clip it to whatever she wants, including her hair.  Or you could attach it to the the middle of a long chain and she can wear it as an accessory under a a collared shirt, like a bow-tie.  You could make a pom-pom or tassel and attach it to a ring or key ring clip.

Thanks Redrosesdz! I actually found a pattern for one of those headbands that's got a knot in the middle for about 30 yards of yarn so I may try that! I was really hoping that it'd be enough for some socks or fingerless gloves, since she does a lot of typing :/ but oh well! I may use your bow idea too!

If the headband doesn't work for you, if your sis wears boots, how about Boot Cuffs? Or, if she carries a cell phone, maybe a cell pouch to protect the phone in her purse?

Archived