PattiJacks

Bernat Super Value vs. Big Twist Collection Value Yarn

Question

I hope my question is in the right area.  I'm wondering if someone can give me some information on Bernat Super Value or Joann's Big Twist Value yarns.  I'm wondering if either are softer than Red Heart's Super Saver. 

33 answers to this question

You can use your phone to show them the coupon, as long as it has the bar code.  I usually just go to the 4 websites before I leave home.

From the JoAnn FAQ page:

"Q: How many coupons can be used during a store visit?

A: There are instances when Jo-Ann offers customers more than one (1) coupon that is valid during the same time period. The register system was designed to adhere to these requirements, so if the register accepts the use of two (2) or more coupons, it is likely that the coupons comply with these requirements. Customers generally may use more than one (1) coupon in a transaction with the following exceptions:

• They cannot use two (2) identical coupons (i.e., coupons with the same barcode number) in one (1) transaction.
  • They cannot use two (2) or more transaction-level discounts in one (1) transaction.
  • They cannot apply two (2) coupons or discounts to the same item."
Edited by redrosesdz

I recently bought three skeins of RHSS Wildflowers from Walmart.com.  When I opened the package I found the skeins to be very soft.  I love the color choices of RHSS,  but in recent years the yarn has not been very soft.  I don't know what they are doing different now with making the RHSS yarn but this (No its not Red Heart Soft) is soft like it was years ago.  Since I loved all of the colors in the RHSS Wildflowers I have ordered 6 more skeins  (this time from Joann.com) which should be delivered today.  I hope to find they are just as soft as the first three.  I would suggest going to a store that carries RHSS yarn and "petting" the yarn to see how soft it feels.

Edited by tnkycrochetnut

Thanks tnkycrochetnut!  I'll definetly do that!  For now, I must have 30 skeins of Big Twist in OSU and other colors for Christmas afghans.  I can't believe their sale!  $1.91 for a huge skein!  It took me less than nine skeins to finish my afghan.  I do need an alternative for my daughter's afghan, though, because there's no teal in their color selection.  Maybe I'll have to feel the Super Saver again.  I'm also giving some consideration to trying the Bernat through yarnspirations.

Anyway, just an update.  I'm finished except actually sewing the emblem onto the afghan.  And she does like it.

post-76381-0-67277400-1448757808_thumb.jpg

post-76381-0-64055400-1448757823_thumb.jpg

post-76381-0-63256500-1448757869_thumb.jpg

Love colors.......

Great job but I wanted to share something else w/ you for your hands......it's called Shea Moisture (that is the brand name)- African Black Soap Body Lotion this is the type as they have lots of different products.  http://www.sheamoisture.com/African-Black-Soap-Body-Lotion-_p_1191.html----it is very thick...they have a whole line of different products...

U can find it at most Walgreen's and from time to time they are on sale for by on get one 50 % off sale via Walgreen's..Walmart carries it as well too.....

DD and I have lots of hand issues and skin issues she is allergic to most lotions and has eczema and I psoriasis/allergic to lotions as well as super dry skin......I use it is greasy due to the oils and the shea but it clears the issues right up and lotion at night and http://www.cerave.com/ brands during the day or when I am crocheting for protection per my Dermatologist..Works wonders......!!!.

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 1

Thank you Jayashiangel.  I'll have to try that.  Right now I'm using Gold Bond aloe vera hand cream (the lotions don't seem to help me ... I need something heavier).  It hasn't been helping much lately, so I'll defintely check  the Shea Moisture.