DesertCrocheter

2015 Stocking Stuffer Swap

Sorry about the hair cut.  My little sister had been a beautician, but I did not let her near my hair for at least a yar or more.  She cut everyone elses, but mine.  NO :2nono  NO :2nono  NO!!! :2nono

Anyway, I hate to say it, but I am done and packed up.  The package will go out on Monday, but I can not add to it, as the tape is on and there is no room.

I can now sit and wait and worry.

I am going to have fun watching everyone else get ready to ship, and of course, I will wait for the pictures.

• Like 2

Sorry about the hair cut.  My little sister had been a beautician, but I did not let her near my hair for at least a yar or more.  She cut everyone elses, but mine.  NO :2nono  NO :2nono  NO!!! :2nono

Anyway, I hate to say it, but I am done and packed up.  The package will go out on Monday, but I can not add to it, as the tape is on and there is no room.

I can now sit and wait and worry.

I am going to have fun watching everyone else get ready to ship, and of course, I will wait for the pictures.

Holy Moly you are quick!! I love it!! 

Hi Swappers!!

Boy, didn't realize so many days had gone by I didn't post! :blinkStill just trying to get back in the groove... Thank you Tampa Doll, Desert Crocheter, #1CrochetFan, all ALL the others that helped spread kindness and sent well wishes my way.... You ladies here are SO kind!!

:ghug  to those with the Dental headaches!! Dental trouble is never good!! I have had my share too! But not lately thank heavens...

Got my hair cut yesterday to try to give me a pick me up.... :eek  :(  Bad mistake!! Wound up TOO TOO short on bottom and not enough on top.... and the bad thing is it was my DIL that cut it, so I can't even complain about it!! :no  But hair is hair and I'm going to let it grow back..At least until I just positively can't stand it and then I will strive for REAL GOOD conversation so there will be no doubt we are on the same page... The way it looks right now I'm afraid it is going to take at least a year to get it like I would like.. Oh well.

Got my stocking finished for the swap and a couple of other things,, even got 1 thing bought that I saw the other day I think she will like.. I'm about halfway finished I think... this is really a fun and cheerful thing to do...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Have you ever tried Hair Skin & Nails by It Works? I absolutely LOVE it!! My hair grows so fast now, & my nails are much healthier!

--------------------------------

I've gotten 2 things crocheted for Teresa + her stocking, but I might have to remake one of them because Rosalie seems to think it's HERS! Lol. Still got a list that I'm working on. While shopping today, I did pick up a Couple things to stuff the stocking with!

I've gone through my list for the stocking and the pile for the stocking and I think I'm done with the actual crocheting... I have one more thing to "assemble" so to speak and a few more things to find for stuffing. I'm hoping to be mailing out this week! This is probably the fastest I've ever managed a swap before, but I'm probably the most proud of this one!  :)

Hershey, I'm sorry about the hair mishap! Those are just the worst. One time I told the lady I wanted some layers for body... She took that as A layer and I looked like a mushroom. There was a such a difference that it took forever to grow out. The short top was at the bottom of my ears and the long bottom was bellow my shoulders. I was miserable!  :(

Okay, off to check in on the granny square girls and then I've got some crocheting to get to. I hope everyone had a good week! 

Wow!! Mary Jo - you ARE fast!! I'm finishing up one more crocheted thing and then I have 1 other item that I am making of another craft. Then some bought little prizes and it will be good to go! I just hope she likes it -- that's the nervous part!! LOL!

Jessica -- I haven't tried that, but I have a friend who sells it and been telling me about it.. I might have to tell her I'll try it...

Nikki -- :eek  on the hairstyle!! At least my sweet little DIL Can cut hair and she did cut it in a cute style. It's just not cute on ME... :ohdear I'm debating on a little more taken off the top so I can "pouf" it.. With it so short on the bottom (up to my jawline when it was down to my undergarment strap) it makes my head llook like a bulldog with it so flat on top! I have never hated my hair this bad.. I reallly could just cry even if it IS just hair... I know.. I am VAIN!!

But this stocking stuffer swap has been being fun, right? I just hope she will like it..  :think She seems to be going through a rough patch too... 

I have been very lazy so far this morning..I have spent the whole morning checking out patterns and such on the Ville... Guess I better get up and get something fixed for dinner and for  the game!! Me - I like it but can focus on other things too, but my DH --  OH MY!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Crocheting!!

• Like 1

Good Morning

Package is on the stoop waiting for the mail person to pick up.  I hear a lot of laughing, singing and Ho HO Ho ing going on.

Hey would you all like to see what I am sending Peggy?  Now you can't tell her. :heehee    Peggy's pkg. :devil

• Like 2

Got my package mailed off on it's merry way!  Now to stalk the post office and the progress the package makes across the country.  :clap

• Like 1

Good Morning

Package is on the stoop waiting for the mail person to pick up.  I hear a lot of laughing, singing and Ho HO Ho ing going on.

Hey would you all like to see what I am sending Peggy?  Now you can't tell her. :heehee    Peggy's pkg. :devil

That was mean!  Now I have to put your name on Santa's naughty list! :yes  Thought I was going to get to peek. :no

• Like 1

hahahah I KNEW that's what the picture would be.  :D  :lol

I am about half way through my stocking. I am not using a pattern so it's been interesting but I hope she likes it. I think all the other stuff is almost if not quite done. I also got a small miracle Saturday so I could get family Christmas gifts bought and that was such a relief. fa la la la la.  

Hi everyone! Can't wait to see what's in the packages that are flying around!  :) We're really fighting sickness around here  :cry but I'm hoping we'll be back to normal soon. I've got one stocking finished, one halfway done, little something made so I'm getting there! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week?!?!?!  :eek

Good morning ladies!

Finished up the stocking and a couple goodies this weekend.  :cheer

My job is on hold (waiting in the wings so to speak) until I get my last certification exam taken. I've been contacting the school so hopefully they'll get back soon. I want to be able to complete at least my training hours before my surgery the week before or of Christmas. In the meantime, lots of crocheting & other crafty goodness to be done! 

Off to weave some ends in... and start the other part of this stuffer...  :yes

Mary Jo is always the first to finish, every swap, but Peggy gave her a run for the title this time :lol .  These airborne stockings sent out early will keep Santa's sleigh from being too heavy. I'm pretty sure he's decided you two were nice this year, by the way.

Tiffer, that is awesome news! Congratulations! Send some positive new job vibes to me, will ya?

• Like 1

Mary Jo is always the first to finish, every swap, but Peggy gave her a run for the title this time :lol .  These airborne stockings sent out early will keep Santa's sleigh from being too heavy. I'm pretty sure he's decided you two were nice this year, by the way.

Tiffer, that is awesome news! Congratulations! Send some positive new job vibes to me, will ya?

Sorry I am going to have to pass this over to Peggy.  Her package to me went out on Sat. and mine to her is still sitting on the stoop waiting for the mail person to pick it up.

I can't wait to see what everyone has made and bought.

"Blessed is the season that engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love."  Hamilton Wright Mabie

I think there's a lot of love going on in this swap and the world sure needs it now.  Happy to be part of bringing a little joy to others. 

• Like 2

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone has a great day! I'm just about finished with both of my stockings and their relative stuffings. lol Just need to figure out a couple more things before I'm through for sure.   :yes

:yay for Peggy and Mary Jo!! They are SOO fast!!

I have the stocking finished, a couple of other crocheted goodies, another goodie I made, one thing bought that caught my eye I think lil-hippie would like and I am finishing another crochet happy..Just trying to think now of some finishing stuffers... :think 

JustAddGlitter, I sure hope you all are doing much better now!!

Tiffany, I am so excited for you and your job!! I really NEED a job myself, but my husband says not yet.. I am praying all goes well for you!! :)

Hope everyone else is doing well and having fun :crocheting away for Christmas!! minwifeof4boys, I'm kinda jealous you get to actually have a meet-up with your swapper!! Sounds so fun...

I can't wait to start seeing these early gifts of love!!

• Like 2

I'm still puttering away on stuff for Teresa. Stocking & box might be stuffed to the brim, but that's A-OK in my book! I hope she likes it all :D

• Like 1

Just looked and my package to Peggy is out for delivery. 

Mine is still enjoying Sunny California, according to the Post Office.  Who knows it may show up here today also.

Probably heard the heat and humidity is back. :rofl 

• Like 1

Just looked and my package to Peggy is out for delivery. 

Mine is still enjoying Sunny California, according to the Post Office.  Who knows it may show up here today also.

Probably heard the heat and humidity is back. :rofl 

My package is here safe and sound.  I don't believe, because of some other misinformation on other packages mailed the same day, that Mary Jo's is still in CA.  Can't wait for it to be on her doorstep.  I will wait to open mine until she has hers too.  :yes

Mail has come and gone.  No package from Peggy, maybe tomorrow.

Hey you can open mine, if you can't wait with all the noise that is coming from it. :devil 

• Like 1

I've just been having fun crocheting away to fill JustAddGlitter's stocking, and trying some patterns I haven't done before.  I've bought some goodies and have quit a bit of stashed goodies I went through  (so much fun looking thru it all,  I sometimes forget what I have stashed, so it's a surprise for me too  :heehee )  still a few things to do.

• Like 1

I have a few goodies for Jessicali but need to finish up on the "something" I am making for the whole family. I haven't had any spare time to do much crocheting but it is 3/4 of the way done.

Hmmm....noise coming from your box, eh-Mary Jo--- That is intriguing.

Peggy- I guess your box is taking a nice scenic route.

alp1 and BeckyB- it looks like both of you are just about ready.

I had high hopes for getting mine out by "Turkey" day, but not looking so good.

• Like 1

Teresa, I don't think I'll have yours out by Thanksgiving either.. I've been plotting with my Grandma & she's got some things she wants her and I to work on together while I'm down at her house next weekend!!  :2spin And I honestly have no idea what she has planned! My kids have worked on some stuff for you also..  :heart They like sending stuff to people in the mail. 

:cheer:clap:yayI found my package.  It is in Jacksonville.  It arrived there last night. :yay:cheer:clap

Now unless they are super speedy, I should get it tomorrow.

Sounds like the rest of you are having fun getting your packages ready.

• Like 1