DesertCrocheter

2015 Stocking Stuffer Swap

Great packages!! LOVE the stockings.  I'm still working on a project for Maggi and trying to get the motorhome packed up (off to Seattle for Thanksgiving with my family), got my crochet ready (the important stuff!!) now for the rest of it, food, clothes, pets, hubby ;) 

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I'm thankful for all of you!!!! :ghug 

Edited by beckyb

My Swappie Bud and I are meeting up live and in person on Dec 6... Sandra and I will post pictures..!

:clap  :cheer:yay       You will have fun.  I know I did the time I was able to meet my partner.  It is lots of fun to add a face to the name. :clap:cheer:yay

Edited by Tampa Doll

I wish I knew of crochetville members by me to meet up with! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!

Jessicali's package got mailed this morning so it will be arriving to her next week!

Wow, Mary Joe and Peggy, those packages are fabulous! Great job!

Sorry I have been scarce, but I was laid off from my job late Thursday, and told I had to have everything out of my office by a certain date. After 17 1/2 years, you can imagine how much stuff was in my office.

But, I am grateful for having my health, a roof over my head, and an enormous turkey to eat on for two weeks, and of course all of my friends here at Crochetville. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about the job.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your turkey.

I am grateful for all my family, friends and health.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Sorry to hear about your job Patty...*hugs* 

Bought the last of the stuffers yesterday for Maggi's package. Now just a couple more things to finish up and I'll be ready to mail, on time! WOOHOO! 

Now the Olympics beings.  Hope everyone had a great day yesterday.

Can't wait to see all the great stockings.  Good morning and have a fun day today.

Sorry I have been scarce, but I was laid off from my job late Thursday, and told I had to have everything out of my office by a certain date. After 17 1/2 years, you can imagine how much stuff was in my office.

But, I am grateful for having my health, a roof over my head, and an enormous turkey to eat on for two weeks, and of course all of my friends here at Crochetville. Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm sorry to hear about your job.  :hug

Patrysia I am so sorry about your job...and especially at this time of year! :hug :hug  I really do sympathize... my DH got laid off in April.. I need to work but we did start a new business in September as well as run a farm for a business. It is hard to build them up with the economy like it is everywhere.. We have found out though there really are some blessings that are hiding in those dark stormy clouds... Praying blessings to be coming your way also!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry about your job!  :hug  I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

My Swappie Bud and I are meeting up live and in person on Dec 6... Sandra and I will post pictures..!

So jealous! I can't wait to see the pictures! 

Well I took advantage of the Black Friday deals at AC Moore today and picked up the last couple things for my partner's stocking. I lucked out and found a lot of things to use in my stash so the $10 limit was easy peasy! I just have to box it up and take it to the post office. I'm hoping to have it out Monday or Tuesday!  :yes

I received Teresa's package when I got back yesterday, so I'm not sure if it was delivered on Friday or Saturday. I love every bit of it & as soon as I charge my camera battery I will get pictures taken & posted :) 

As promised, a picture of my goodies!! (I only got one because you can see everything pretty well lol).

post-46820-0-44989700-1448821152_thumb.jpg

Here's what she sent me: A porcelain doll to practice making doll clothes on (The dress she is wearing is a dress Teresa made with her sewing machine.), A sun catcher paint kit for each of the kids, Yarn Mini's Crochet a Scrunchie kit. Includes everything I need, Adorable Crochet bear Christmas Ornament, Cute little Crochet turtle soap snuggie for the shower, Awesomely huge Green & White Crochet stocking, Grown up Coloring Book, Adorable chalk board with a magnet on the back, 2 Skeins of Red Heart Soft yarn in White, Bottle of Hand Sanitizer & a pack of Andes Mints (My faves)!!!

Oh and can't forget the elf tissue box cover!!

post-46820-0-43061900-1448833453_thumb.jpg

Edited by jessicali
  • Like 3

Very cool package and looks like lots of fun for both you and the kids.  Love the stocking.

Missed the tissue box cover.  That is adorable.

Edited by Tampa Doll

As promised, a picture of my goodies!! (I only got one because you can see everything pretty well lol).

attachicon.gifIMG_0058.JPG

Here's what she sent me:  A porcelain doll to practice making doll clothes on (The dress she is wearing is a dress Teresa made with her sewing machine.), A sun catcher paint kit for each of the kids, Yarn Mini's Crochet a Scrunchie kit. Includes everything I need, Adorable Crochet bear Christmas Ornament, Cute little Crochet turtle soap snuggie for the shower, Awesomely huge Green & White Crochet stocking, Grown up Coloring Book, Adorable chalk board with a magnet on the back, 2 Skeins of Red Heart Soft yarn in White, Bottle of Hand Sanitizer & a pack of Andes Mints (My faves)!!! 

A lovely stocking full of lots of wonderful goodies.

• Like 1

Jessicali! I love your stocking you received!! #1Crochetfan you did awesome..beautiful stocking and I LOVE the elf tissue cover!!

I am about done with mine too.. all I have to do is go shop for a few things for the 10$ limit but I have all the made things done.... just hopes lil-hippie likes it!!

• Like 1

Jessicali-I'm glad you like everything.

The elf tissue cover pattern can be found here-

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snaughty-or-nice-elf-sniffle-station

for anyone interested. Michelle has wonderful tissue cover patterns. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_0058.JPG

Here's what she sent me: A porcelain doll to practice making doll clothes on (The dress she is wearing is a dress Teresa made with her sewing machine.), A sun catcher paint kit for each of the kids, Yarn Mini's Crochet a Scrunchie kit. Includes everything I need, Adorable Crochet bear Christmas Ornament, Cute little Crochet turtle soap snuggie for the shower, Awesomely huge Green & White Crochet stocking, Grown up Coloring Book, Adorable chalk board with a magnet on the back, 2 Skeins of Red Heart Soft yarn in White, Bottle of Hand Sanitizer & a pack of Andes Mints (My faves)!!!

Oh and can't forget the elf tissue box cover!!

attachicon.gif20151129_154048.jpg

Fantastic box and love that tissue cover! Thanks for the link too!

I think I am losing my mind. I could have sworn I posted in here yesterday when I got back from the post office, but either I didn't hit the post button or I just never did.. Both are very strong possibilities lol. I mailed #1Crochetfan's 

stocking out yesterday 

I mailed Yarn_monkey's box.  Tracking info says Friday delivery!  Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi everyone! I'm going to be rightttttttttttttt on the deadline to mail my boxes, Nutcracker is this weekend and it's rehearsals and chaos from here on out! lol! But they'll be out on time!  :yes

• Like 1

I got my package today!! I can't believe it got here so fast. But I'm not opening yet because I wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least have my package out yet and I'm having serious box issues over here! I went out yesterday and bought a box because it really won't be heavy enough to justify the flat rate shipping cost. Today I go to pack it all up and the box is a little too small for me to stuff the stocking and get it in the box. So I get our a flat rate box and that sucker is the same size as the box I bought. Sigh. Then I decide I'll just make it fit even if the stocking isn't stuffed with everything. Box issue solved, let's stuff this thing! I go to tape the bottom of the box and apparently I only had about 6" of packing tape left. So I need to find my duct tape and then I'll go back to it. We have a plumber here today and he's got all the upstairs hall taken over with his equipment so I can't get to my craft room until he's finished.

In theory the mail man will be picking up this thing in the morning!

• Like 2