DesertCrocheter

2015 Stocking Stuffer Swap

Spent the weekend in Va at a cabin with part of my family, I spent a ton of time crocheting on my stocking, almost finished!!  I also taught my DIL how to crochet... she finished two hats and was going to stop by AC Moore on the way home for much needed supplies... she said everyone is getting hats this year :)

• Like 4

I also taught my DIL how to crochet... she finished two hats and was going to stop by AC Moore on the way home for much needed supplies... she said everyone is getting hats this year :)

That's awesome! MUST.SPREAD.LOVE.OF.HOOK. lol Is she going to join us here at the Ville sometime?  :D

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! I'm still planning out my stocking colors and stuff to go in them, goals for this week!  :P  :P

• Like 2

Sounds like you had a great time.

Most of what I want to make is done.  I spent the weekend, making stuff or the stocking and for home here.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

• Like 1

So sorry, Hershey038, about your FIL.

I feel better, this week, and have started something for my swap partner. It is coming along. Everyone seems to be making great progress. I need to pick up the pace.:)

• Like 1

Hello, everyone seems busy, busy, busy. lol I've got a few things finished and started on the stocking. Getting to know my swap partner and that's the best part. Life's been stressful lately so this is really nice to be able to concentrate on it and think happy thoughts. Wishing you guys a great day.

I am putting the finishing touches on #1crochetfan's stocking today then I have to figure out what I can stuff it with! I found a super cute pattern for the stocking, so I really hope she likes it!

I had a dentist visit yesterday & had to get 3 wisdom teeth removed. My mouth is SO sore today! Mainly it's sore on just one side, and still pretty swollen over there. I go back next Wednesday to get a couple fillings & an impression for a tooth I had to have removed in the front, so it's going to be awesome to be able to smile again! I'm REALLY looking forward to that :) 

• Like 2

I am putting the finishing touches on #1crochetfan's stocking today then I have to figure out what I can stuff it with! I found a super cute pattern for the stocking, so I really hope she likes it!

I had a dentist visit yesterday & had to get 3 wisdom teeth removed. My mouth is SO sore today! Mainly it's sore on just one side, and still pretty swollen over there. I go back next Wednesday to get a couple fillings & an impression for a tooth I had to have removed in the front, so it's going to be awesome to be able to smile again! I'm REALLY looking forward to that :)

Poor Girl!! Mouth stuff is the worst!

• Like 1

Poor Girl!! Mouth stuff is the worst!

It is. I'm such a baby to begin with, I'd much rather have a child with absolutely NO medications, epidurals, etc than have tooth pain/dental work! 

• Like 1

I think I made the last thing for the stocking yesterday, unless something tickles my fancy. If I could find one more item that I'm seeking before Saturday that would be wonderful.  I hope your mantle is ready Tampa Doll as soon your stocking will be on the way.  Have Tampa Guy get the hooks ready.  :santa:gift:2snowman:ctree:smiling

• Like 3

Here is my Dental Tale of Woe, to join Jessicali.

Two weeks ago I broke my crown on a delicious, dark chocolate, sea salt caramel. The dentist who did the procedure three years closed his office this spring. So I emailed my beloved dentist, who moved to Denver a few years ago and ask for a recommendation,and selected one.

The dentist looks like she's 12, but she's very good (she has joined her parents in their practice, so she probably had a head start on learning tooth things). She takes the mold, gives me a temporary, and yesterday I went back for the permanent crown. After fitting and refitting and refitting, she thought she had it in perfectly and checked the buccal side one more time (that's the tongue side) to discover that they made it wrong. She stuck the temporary back in and called the manufacturer (here in town, and actually just 2 miles from my house) and they promised it will be ready next Thursday.

Except, that to remove the temporary, she had to wrestle it out and chipped the top, so now I have a ragged hole in the temp just under my gumline. So I have to chew everything on my right side so that I will not get any food in there. And I can feel it all the time.

Crowns are expensive to begin with, and I'm not working right now so have been trying to not buy anything but necessities. Teeth are a necessity. But my palette was so sore from all the pricking and poking to take a second mold for the permanent crown all day yesterday.

Woe is me. I accept all sympathetic clucking and tskking and back patting. :ohdear

Hershey, my condolences  :cry

No tooth tale from me, but instead...

<----- this girl is finally getting a job using all those degrees & certifications! I am going to start my medical career as a medical assistant at the local detention center, part time in the evenings, making my own schedule of hours, 3 minutes from home, making an actual livable wage!  :clap Pushing a med cart & paperwork. Not the most glamorous but definitely a start! I haven't taken the exam to be certified yet because of the cost out of pocket, but now I don't even have to worry about that, the facility is going to pay for it!  :cheer

Finished up the stocking for JustAddGlitter last night. Moving on to the goodies next! So many things in mind. Time to narrow it down and make some decisions and go with it. 

• Like 4

So sorry to hear about the Dental tales.

Congrats tiffer on the job.  That is great and it is so nice to be that close to home.  

Hey Peggy looks like we are on the same schedule.  I have one more thing to finish up, then it will be packed up.

• Like 1

Congrats on the job, Tiffer!

Let's see... stocking done, Thing 1 and Thing 2 both done, picked up a couple extras while I was out with Sister yesterday, and I have Things 3 & 4 in the process! One of them is giving me a little more trouble than the other because I'm not going off a pattern, but I have time to make it work. Thank goodness!

If all goes according to plan, I'll be mailing ahead of scbedule! Good thing because the closer we get to Christmas, the less I want to go to the post office! Lol!

Congrats on the job, Tiffer! :woo  Boo for dental woes! I've got something on the way that I'm hoping to make for my partners which if I can pull off, will be awesome and if not...forget I said anything.  :D

• Like 1

Thought I was on schedule and then this morning I checked on one thing I made and the bottom is like a cooked noodle.  I had to re-stiffen it and I am keeping my fingers crosses it will work.  I need it to work, or it will not stand by itself.

Otherwise, everything is almost done and ready to ship.  I just have to get pictures and pack it up.

• Like 2

Still working on the stocking. I thought I had it almost done but I was wrong. I will have it done today, though! I'm still at a standstill as to what to stuff it with, but I get my commission check from It Works this weekend so I'll be doing some shopping I think! 

We had some horrible winds yesterday. Tore the roof off of our porch and knocked our power out at 2:10, and it didn't come back on until 9. I wasn't happy because I had to miss Law & Order SVU either lol. Love that show, but thankfully it came back on just in time for Chicago PD to record! We went to walmart to walk around & ended up buying Monopoly and played that by candle light & with flash lights lol. This game lasted over 3 hours (We started it around 6:45 and I think we finally finished around 10:30.) Mr. Michael (My 9 year old) got ahead of himself with buying properties and ended up going bankrupt, then I got knocked out. That left Connor (7) and my husband to fight it out to the end. In the end, since Rc (the hubby) had boardwalk & park place, he won because that seemed to be all Connor would roll and land on! 

Good night, but long & it got chilly before power came back on. Just glad the wind isn't as awful today. 

Okay, gonna check up on the rest of the forum then get back to hooking!

Ho ho ho!  Nailed it.  Went out with my daughter last night and found that one last item I wanted for my stocking.  Good to go now if I can only cram the goodies inside said stocking.  Wish me luck.  I have a feeling  :santa  would have trouble stuffing this one.  Off to give it a try! :yes

• Like 1

I finished Teresa's stocking this morning, now I'm ready to start the stuffing, once I receive a reply to the email I sent with a few questions!! I do have some ideas running through my tiny brain, so we'll see what I come up with!!

Good morning all. I got some stuffers for my stocking yesterday.   And I have a couple of things finished up for it, hoping to finish the stocking this weekend.  Yay  :clap

Hi Swappers!!

Boy, didn't realize so many days had gone by I didn't post! :blink Still just trying to get back in the groove... Thank you Tampa Doll, Desert Crocheter, #1CrochetFan, all ALL the others that helped spread kindness and sent well wishes my way.... You ladies here are SO kind!!

:ghug  to those with the Dental headaches!! Dental trouble is never good!! I have had my share too! But not lately thank heavens...

Got my hair cut yesterday to try to give me a pick me up.... :eek  :(  Bad mistake!! Wound up TOO TOO short on bottom and not enough on top.... and the bad thing is it was my DIL that cut it, so I can't even complain about it!! :no  But hair is hair and I'm going to let it grow back..At least until I just positively can't stand it and then I will strive for REAL GOOD conversation so there will be no doubt we are on the same page... The way it looks right now I'm afraid it is going to take at least a year to get it like I would like.. Oh well.

Got my stocking finished for the swap and a couple of other things,, even got 1 thing bought that I saw the other day I think she will like.. I'm about halfway finished I think... this is really a fun and cheerful thing to do...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!