DesertCrocheter

2015 Stocking Stuffer Swap

Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone here too :ghug

Hi JustAddGlitter, I'm so excited to get started on some goodies for you ( I have several ideas )  Will chat with you soon!

:woo  This will be so fun!!!

I knew exactly what I wanted to make and I have to admit.  I knitted it, and I can knit faster than I crochet.  I learned how to knit first.

Now I am doing some crocheting to put inside it.  I am not going to be done first.

lol That's so cool and you're so awesome!!!  :applause

so.... my partner Sandra and I are going to meet up and exchange since she comes to my town every Friday and Sunday!  How fun is that???? Bonus Win!

That is FANTASTIC, how fun!!!

• Like 1

Hi all! Just checking in. I started the first stocking stuffer this evening and then ran out of yarn.  :reyes Darn, I guess I'll have to run out tomorrow and buy more! Shucks!  :D I'll have to see what other ideas I can come up with while I'm there. I've got lots of ideas written down so far though, so I think I won't have too much trouble coming up with a stocking full of goodies. 

Okay off to check in with the other groups. I hope everyone is having a good week.  :)

• Received an email from my partner and getting to know her and think of things to get started on will be fun.  We had a great emails conversation and can't wait to write to her again. 

Good Morning everyone. 

Don't know how it is where you guys are at, but we are going up to about 90 today and the humidity is still here.  Makes it kind of hard to work with yarn.  Good thing I am not making anything big.  :D

I am moving aright along on one project and have a couple more lined up.  Still have to figure out what to spend the $10 on :bang:ebay:thair

Hope everyone has a fun day today.  Happy Crocheting.

:woo  This will be so fun!!!

lol That's so cool and you're so awesome!!!  :applause

That is FANTASTIC, how fun!!!

JustAddglitter, I see you are in NC too.... Come join us!!

• Like 1

Good thoughts and prayers going to you and your family Hershey.

Peggy and I have been back and forth and things are looking good. 

I have the stocking done and I am working on some surprises to go along with it.  After all I don't think :think  :scrachin she wants an empty stocking :heehee.

Tampa Doll!  You are amazingly fast!  I know what I want to do for your stocking but haven't even begun yet.  Better go check that mailing date again.  "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date."  Don't want that to be me. :no:2nono

• Like 1

Oh yes, I'd love to join in. I have a few weeks of recovery headed my way. Going in for minor surgery in the morning and will have plenty of time to crochet away! Sorry couldn't get back to you all until today. Patty,I'll copy the survey and get started right away! Thank you again!

• Like 2

Ok Tampa Doll, I have one of your stocking stuffers finished.  Now on to the actual stocking.  Sure hope he/she/it fits inside said stocking. 

• Like 1

Got one stocking stuffer drying and getting ready to do another.  I am moving right along.  I have also ordered something for my partner (shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her) :devil

• Like 2

Hellooooooooooooooo swappers!  :D Today is a ballet day for us it's the usual - pack up the girls like we're leaving for a week, then after class grab dinner and pick up the husband. lol Also making plans for the stockings...need to be full full full! lol 

• Like 2

Today was actually kind of wintery for Arizona--overcast, a little rain overnight, blustery wind with clouds scudding across the sky. Of course, now the sun has burned through and the temperature is rising, but it was very enjoyable while it lasted. My sister and i had lunch, and she started talking about putting up her Chirstmas tree soon. Wait, I'm not ready for Thanksgiving yet!

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

All of you seem to be moving along. My week has not been going well and trying to get stuff done with a headache has not helped. The weather here has been so beautiful but no time to enjoy it. I really need to make progress on my stocking so I hope to get to it tonight.

well, we are headed to the mountains tomorrow for a bit of R&R so I am scouring the perfect stocking patterns today....!  I have sort of idea in my head...... I might just wing it!

I KNEW I had missed a post that was talking to me. LOL If I could work it out, that would be great!  :yes

Pictures we want pictures if this happens.

• Like 4

Hi everyone!

All of you seem to be moving along. My week has not been going well and trying to get stuff done with a headache has not helped. The weather here has been so beautiful but no time to enjoy it. I really need to make progress on my stocking so I hope to get to it tonight.

Hope you're feeling better soon Teresa!! :hug

Hi all! Just checking in. I got The Thing done for Patty's stocking so I'll start phase 2 tomorrow.

And Patty if you see this, I'll email you back tomorrow. I haven't felt like busting out the laptop so I'm on my tablet and it's slow going trying to type on this thing!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Good evening ladies! Been chatting it up with Maggi, who by the way I'm now considering my swap hero lol.

It feels so great to be back on here I'm nearly bursting at the seams! I've missed this wonderful place so very much.

Been doing a lot of planning today. Was nearly able to get started but hubby is tired after taking care of me since yesterday and I'm not too keen on sitting at the desk instead of here on the comfy bed. So that will have to be tomorrow. Gives me more time to come up with ideas.

Until tomorrow! *Hugs & Prayers for Everyone*

• Like 1

Good Morning fellow swap friends.  Well I have been chatting with my partner this past week and getting ideas in my head.  I have to get started on things and getting it into motion.  I am so glad I found my way back to Crochetville.  I now know how much I missed being on here.  Everyone seems to have there projects in place.  Hope everyone is feeling better.  Oh well I am off to the Animal LIfeline Thrift store to help out.  Talk to you all soon.  Hope you have a great day.

Hello Swappers!!

Well just like some others, I am SO glad I'm back at the Ville too!! :ghug

lil-hippie and I have been getting aquainted and it sure has helped to have a bright spot in the hard times we have been going through. We brought my FIL home to his house per his request Wednesday. He passed away yesterday morning at 5:45. We will have his funeral service at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon.. I am so tired from all the insanity and even though it's good to feel loved and cared for, this house has been full ever since. Please keep us in your prayers, Papaw was the most wonderful FIL to me and I will miss him almost as much as my husband...

I have got lil-hippie's stocking almost finished and already picked up one little thing,,, getting some more ideas...and even amidst the sorrow, I am beginning to feel Christmas cheer!!

:ghug  to all!!!

• Like 2

My Grandma has requested some Christmas Ornaments for her tree for her Great Grandbabies.. There are now 8 of them. She wanted originally, a pair of booties for each of them, but after discussing it, we decided to go with Ice Skates. I'll have them done tomorrow then I can start on my partners stocking! I've got the yarn for that so can't wait to get started :D

Hugs and prayers going out to you and you family hershey038 :hug :hug :hug

Just working on a few little things to go into the stocking.  I can now start wrapping up, as one more thing I am waiting for will be here tomorrow and then I can finish something I have started.

Everyone looks like they are moving along.

We are still in the middle of August weather.  At 6:30 this morning it was 78 degrees and about 50% humidity.  Right now I am missing living up North.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that your FIL passed away Hershey038, he is at peace now. 

Tampa Doll we just were in the high 70's this past week and it just got colder overnight.  This has been a very mild November so far. 

Good Morning everyone.  Hope your Sunday is a good one.  I have to go out and rake leaves (ugh) and do my Sunday chores.  I am hoping to get to some crocheting after all is done. 

• Like 1

Worked on my stocking last night while flipping between a cute Hallmark Christmas movie and a bad Washington Husky football game.  I have not made a stocking before and I will say I'm kind of liking the way it's turning out.  Hope all of you have a nice Sunday! 

• Like 1