DesertCrocheter

2015 Stocking Stuffer Swap

Hey Peggy ready to have some fun?  Let's see yellow and green is your color?  Bright and pretty??? :goodorbad

Oh this is going to be the best.   :ctree:wreath:gift:hbulb:2snowman :2snowman :2snowman 

You will go on Santa's naughty list if I get yellow and green missy!  :yes

Seriously I'm delighted to be your swap partner.  This will be so much fun!  Let the games, er hooking begin.... :clap 

• Like 1

Happy Halloween everyone! I'm starting the get ready for the trick and treaters and hope we get a bunch.

Hi Jessicali! Nice being partnered up together again....now the fun begins..... :)

Hey there :) I just replied to your email :) Happy to be partnered up again with you!! 

I feel your pain Hershey083. My brother-in-law has just been diagnosed with liver cancer as well. He has some really difficult decisions to make now. Just have to take it one day at a time. Will keep you all in my prayers.

• Like 1

Prayers and happy thoughts along with lots of :hug :hug  are coming your way.

After I change my table and tree over, I am so getting the hook out. :chook

Oh wait I need some yarn to go along with that. :oops:devil

• Like 1

Oh man!I'm too late! I've missed the 'Ville and swapping so much! You ladies have a fabulous time and I'll catch back up soon!

• Like 2

Oh man!I'm too late! I've missed the 'Ville and swapping so much! You ladies have a fabulous time and I'll catch back up soon!

If no one has any objections (and you're willing of course, lol), I wouldn't mind doubling up on partners so you would be able to participate!  :mail  :wreath

• Like 1

Hello Swappers!

Today was very emotional.. He is still in hospital and kidneys are starting to shut down. They don't know if from cancer or from the dye used in testing may have "stunned" them.. so they may get better or they may not. If they don't well,  but if they do and he gets to come home,,, it will be his say so but now we know it will either be his house with us taking turns, or it will me my house with mainly me..so asking for lots of prayers from ya'll!! I am sad, but determined to enjoy as much as life can hold.. I just hope that I have what I need to do this all over again if I have to...

I feel your pain Hershey083. My brother-in-law has just been diagnosed with liver cancer as well. He has some really difficult decisions to make now. Just have to take it one day at a time. Will keep you all in my prayers. Thank you idagammy!!! we will send prayers for each other!! :yes

Now on glad note!! Lil-hippie was so good to hear from you!! Will really have to put on my thinking cap because we are so different!! :rofl  But that's what keeps it from being boring, right??  Anyway, this will be fun and I just hope I can come up with some things to make it a little bright for you!!

Already got a couple things started :sher :crocheting 

Hello Swappers!

Today was very emotional.. He is still in hospital and kidneys are starting to shut down. They don't know if from cancer or from the dye used in testing may have "stunned" them.. so they may get better or they may not. If they don't well,  but if they do and he gets to come home,,, it will be his say so but now we know it will either be his house with us taking turns, or it will me my house with mainly me..so asking for lots of prayers from ya'll!! I am sad, but determined to enjoy as much as life can hold.. I just hope that I have what I need to do this all over again if I have to...

Now on glad note!! Lil-hippie was so good to hear from you!! Will really have to put on my thinking cap because we are so different!! :rofl  But that's what keeps it from being boring, right??  Anyway, this will be fun and I just hope I can come up with some things to make it a little bright for you!!

Already got a couple things started :sher:crocheting 

Oh, Hershey, I am so sorry!  :hug I remember going through this with my mom. I'm here if you need to vent! 

I'm about to email my partner now. So excited to get this started!  :waving  alp1! 

• Like 1

Good morning, all!

Tonight I will be starting your stocking, Jessicali, so I have to choose which one.....such a hard thing to decide. I hope you have a good day.:)

Good thoughts and prayers going to you and your family Hershey.

Peggy and I have been back and forth and things are looking good. 

I have the stocking done and I am working on some surprises to go along with it.  After all I don't think :think  :scrachin she wants an empty stocking :heehee.

• Like 5

I have been out of town but heading home today so will be able to start on stocking stuffing for yarn_monkey tomorrow. At least I will have lots of thinking and planning time while driving.

Happy Monday and stocking stuffing to all!

Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone here too :ghug

Hi JustAddGlitter, I'm so excited to get started on some goodies for you ( I have several ideas )  Will chat with you soon!

• Like 1

You're so fast!!!!   :nworthy

I knew exactly what I wanted to make and I have to admit.  I knitted it, and I can knit faster than I crochet.  I learned how to knit first.

Now I am doing some crocheting to put inside it.  I am not going to be done first.

• Like 2

Hershey, I am so  sorry for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers for strength and comfort for all of you.

If you need to take some time off, just let me know. The last thing you need to be worried about is a swap deadline. I hope the crocheting provides some peace of mind and a mild distraction if that is what you want or need.

• Like 1

Tiff, if you want to join in, I have no problems with taking JustAddGlitter up on her offer to double swap. I know how fast you can crochet. :lol  Just let me know so we can do the official survey passing on stuff.

• Like 1

:hug :ghug  You guys are the BEST!!! Thank you Patricia, but I already have made a couple of things and a good start on the stocking!! lil-hippie and I have swapped emails and she is a breath of fresh air!! :) This is my well-deserved me slice in life and will help keep my sanity!! :yes And I sure thank EVERYONE for the well wishes and prayers!! Keep them going!! I have already made a couple of things as soon as I found out, and stocking is halfway through-- :ctree

It is fun seeing how everyone is getting with each other and giving clues of what they making and such!! Hope everyone has a great week!!

• Like 3

This is soooo much fun. I've been in contact with my partner and found a stocking pattern I think is perfect. Starting it today but have already been figuring out goodies. My thoughts and prayers are with all that are hurting. I went through that 7 years ago when I lost my 2 grandparents and my husband all in 15 months. It still hurts but God gets me through each day. And giving is healing. It really  helps heal a torn heart.  :manyheart  :ghug  :hug

• Like 2

so.... my partner Sandra and I are going to meet up and exchange since she comes to my town every Friday and Sunday!  How fun is that???? Bonus Win!

I had that once in a swap and it was a lot of fun.  We went out to breakfast with the DH's and they sat and talked, while we opened out gifts.  It was a lot of fun.

• Like 1