DesertCrocheter

2015 Stocking Stuffer Swap

This is what I received

- Vanilla Bean Hand Soap

- 2 scrub it yarns

- mary maxim Holiday Favorites

-Cast iron Skillet with 2 cookie doughs to make 2 cookies. (Love cast iron)

- The Santa bag ( just love it) love the fun fur she used. I love fun fur.

- crochet lighted snowan tea light. ( love love it)

- anti-bacterial hand gel

- almond cocoa butter soap

- Candle ( love the smell)

- Spatula ornament

- Christmas tree door hanger kit from Mary maxim. ( been wanting to make one of these)

- Mickey tree ornament to put picture in.

I love everything and the best gift all was gainging a new friend and being able to meet her in person.

Thank you Lea for doing that. You have no idea how much that meant.

I'll tell you all a story.

My daughters are into grinch and they want these pj for christmas. I left early to stop off at the henderson Walmart to check to see if they have them for mine doesnt. My day hasn't gone well at all. From a sick fur baby to not being able to get medicine for grandson for his Adhd . So I'm leaving Littlton on my way to meet partner I got pulled over and received a lovely speeding ticket. I feel awlful and have no idea how i will take care of let alone tell hubby right now for we are having a tight moment sense he started new job. I trucked along and went to Walmart and said ill worry about that another time. So the high light of my day was going to see my partner and then off to see grandsons.SO thank you Lea for a wonderful evening.

I had no idea it was so horrible up until then.... Glad we could meet up... you looked very cool... calm and collective... I would have been a basket case!... Let me see if I still have some pull in Littleton... can't make any promises...

OMG that would be wonderful. Thank you i told myself to worry about it another time. Also daughter informed we need to come up with money for her to continue to go back to college in Jan. It just wasnt my day.But i wasnt going to let it ruin our get together.So I had to shake it off so i didn't ruin the rest of the day.

? for you I've seen a lot of those tea light snowman candles where do we find the pattern?

I love the one you made me.

Edited by owlvamp

OMG that would be wonderful. Thank you i told myself to worry about it another time. Also daughter informed we need to come up with money for her to continue to go back to college in Jan. It just wasnt my day.But i wasnt going to let it ruin our get together.So I had to shake it off so i didn't ruin the rest of the day.

? for you I've seen a lot of those tea light snowman candles where do we find the pattern?

I love the one you made me.

I put one on my blog... www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com

So glad you liked everything, the stocking did come out way bigger than I thought it would, lol, and I had fun crocheting everything. Here is a pic I took, where you can see the stocking is pretty big.  attachicon.gifIMG_1515.JPG

I told you I had lots of stash, the only thing I think I bought was the candy.

attachicon.gifIMG_1517.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1518.JPG

ENJOY!!!

Hubby is going to PO today, hoping he gets back soon, hee hee. 

Thank you for posting these pics!!!! Every single bit was such a treat!  :c9

attachicon.gifIMG_1521.JPG

I received my package from Maggi (JustAddGlitter)!! Love my stocking, the colors are perfect!! She sent me a Christmas mug (I love using Christmas mugs during December, just makes my coffee seem more festive) , A packet of snowmen tissues,  joy notepad (always come in handy), a Christmas ornament she crocheted over (LOVE IT), a skein of Scrubby yarn (which I've been wanting to try and had  not found any around here and hadn't ordered) and some candy, love the little stacked candy sleigh. Thank you so much for everything Maggi!!!!

so glad you like everything! The ornament was my first time trying anything like that, I usually don't work with thread or tiny hooks so I was afraid it would tank. LOL Thanks for being my partner! 

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_1521.JPG

I received my package from Maggi (JustAddGlitter)!! Love my stocking, the colors are perfect!! She sent me a Christmas mug (I love using Christmas mugs during December, just makes my coffee seem more festive) , A packet of snowmen tissues,  joy notepad (always come in handy), a Christmas ornament she crocheted over (LOVE IT), a skein of Scrubby yarn (which I've been wanting to try and had  not found any around here and hadn't ordered) and some candy, love the little stacked candy sleigh. Thank you so much for everything Maggi!!!!

so glad you like everything! The ornament was my first time trying anything like that, I usually don't work with thread or tiny hooks so I was afraid it would tank. LOL Thanks for being my partner! 

Love the stockings and isn't it great that you two got to meet.  Sometimes it works out perfect and it seems that it did.

So sorry to hear about the rough day, but it seems that we are never given more than we can handle, even though it seems like at times. 

owlvamp there is also another blog that has the tea light patterns, other than the snowman.  There is a pattern for an angel and things.  Fromm me to you 

Sounds like you all had a good time. 

• Like 1

OH it looks like you ladies had a fabulous time meeting up! I was able to do that a few years ago as well, totally great when you can see the person on the other side of the screen name and share your love of crochet together.

I received a wonderful stocking stuffed with goodies today from JustAddGlitter! The adorable stocking in my favorite colors and also the theme on my tree :) A cute little candy sled with lots of goodies and an extra chocolate peppermint candy, a coffee mug with a Joy theme (which will be used exclusively this season for my morning cup), a beautiful ornament with metallic crochet thread (my it looks amazing), a notepad with "Oh what fun" on the pages in pretty silver, a pack of holiday kleenex for my purse (I've been needing those!) and a skein of RHSS in a wintery blue color.

post-18684-0-78578900-1449949855_thumb.jpg

Thank you so very much Maggi for this lovely, thoughtful package! I love it all! You are indeed my Christmas angel being as I was a little late to the game signing up after everyone had already been paired. Wishing you, and everyone here a blessed holiday season this year!

• Like 3

I got my stocking! I know Kathy got hers yesterday and waited on me to get mine and it came today. I don't know that I am as patient as some of you ladies. I'm more of a tear into it kind of girl. lol  

I just LOVE everything she sent. The stocking is beautiful and so well made! I also got a pretty poinsettia hot pad she made. There was a delicate nativity ornament which is important to me as Jesus is definitely the reason for the season. I also got the most adorable Chewbacca Santa! (I love toys!) I have never seen all the Star Wars until a few months ago and my son in law thought I needed enlightened so he brought all of them over lol. I didn't tell Kathy but Chewie was my favorite out of the whole movie. There was also got a Santa notepad, some vanilla (my favorite scent) lotion. a bamboo handle hook and a great crochet magazine with some patterns I want to try. Not to mention chocolate!!! coins, M&Ms and peppermint bark. I had never had the bark before and when I was out shopping for some stocking stuffers for her package, I came across a package and had to see what it was. It was gone pretty fast cause it was so good... and then she sends me some more! lol She must have esp powers! Thank  you again for a great swap. I've had a blast and love everything and making a new friend.  :hug  :yay

post-44513-0-58566000-1449959710_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Whew! I have been gone all day and just came in the door a little bit ago.. I got Brittany's stocking Thursday, I think but I did not want to open it until she got hers... She emailed me and let me know that she did get it today, but she was just like me and gone all day too...Since I knew she had hers I opened it just awhile ago!!

I love my stocking!! So sweet to open goodies that you knew someone was just thinking about you when they put it together... I will post pics tomorrow!

Okay, I finally got pictures taken! My dad was in town for a week, which meant Sister was over with Peanut every day and it's so hard to get things out when he's here. They disappear as fast as I can get them out. Plus I try to avoid getting a bunch of things out when my dad is here. It's just easier. So. Pictures!  :D

post-11765-0-00890100-1449982484_thumb.jpg

I had to get a close up of the chocolate bar because of the poem on it. Patty, I'm stealing that idea for the future! 

post-11765-0-14673500-1449982491_thumb.jpg

Ferrero Rocher is my FAVORITE candy. Ever. And really they're lucky they made it to the picture intact because they are calling my name! Also, note cards, a notebook, a cupcake ornament for my tree, and pattern leaflets. I can't wait to make those reindeer mittens for Peanut! 

post-11765-0-91641300-1449982499_thumb.jpg

An ear warmer and 3 potholders. I love the color of the ear warmer!

post-11765-0-95793300-1449982507_thumb.jpg

My beautiful stocking, 2 rolls of really cute ribbon, 3 sticky note pads (the pocketbook is too fitting!!), another set of notecards, 2 bamboo hooks (I love them!), Christmas stickers, yarn needles (which is really funny because I sent her a pack of the metal ones too- I swear I didn't re-gift!! Lol!), stitch markers, plastic rings, bangles, handcream that smells so yummy and one of those purse hanger things that hangs from the table and keeps your bag off the floor.

post-11765-0-88639200-1449982516_thumb.jpgpost-11765-0-47734100-1449982524_thumb.jpg

A better picture of the stocking and the little turtle pin on it. I adore this stocking!! The colors are great and I love sea turtles!!

post-11765-0-94719600-1449982532_thumb.jpg

And yarn yarn yarn!! :manyheart 

I am just over the moon with my stocking! I can't even explain how happy I am with it! I really hope I managed to at least halfway make her as happy with the one I sent. I'm already planning projects for the yarn! :yes   

• Like 1

Oh and Patty asked me to post a picture of the snowman towel holder, so here it is...  :)

post-11765-0-43665900-1449983147_thumb.jpg

Pattern from here although I didn't do the patches and the light string came from Repeat Crafter Me's instagram. Oh and the eye and nose buttons were a set from Joann's. I liked that better than attempted clay for the first time! 

• Like 3

Wow yarn_monkey that is one very cool stocking.  Love the poem on the candy.

Thanks also for the picture and link to the snowman towel holder.  Love the idea of the lights better.

I forgot to mention, that if you are interested in the lighted snowmen and such, her patterns can also be found here.  All her patterns are free and she is adding all the time.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 2

I'm back after many years of being away, along with getting to crochet a little more here and there. ????

Anyways, I got my swap box from Hershery038 yesterday as I was headed out the door...So in-between running here and going there, and the dh work Christmas party thrown into the mix, all in the fashion of a chicken with it's great cut off (bad saying because I don't even eat chicken, lol), I finally got to email my partner telling her I got it, will open it as soon as I got to sit down. Lol

I got so many goodies!! A Star Wars cup and mailing labels, because my husband &I was big SW nerds ????. And a beautiful stocking and cute little pot holders (not sure she how I needed new ones, lol). And a pretty dish towels and squares, in a bright perky color, to bring us hope of spring. And a little skean of Christmas joy, I LOVE cotton. And then there's chocolate, who doesn't like chocolate!?...And then there's a beautiful handmade bracelet and Christmas tree earrings. I'm a big obsessor over anything that's handmade! Anyways, I've enjoyed doing very much, and Thanks for the opportunity! Merry Christmas!!

post-45262-0-07603700-1450055791_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh my goodness!! Just now getting to sign on and share! Christmas shopped out of town with DH all day yesterday not getting in until late. and then church all day and running! Soo now I'm unwinding for the night and able to share my pics!

Lil_hippie, I am so glad you enjoyed your stocking!! Thank you for being my partner and I enjoyed getting it together for you. And I really like my stocking!! :manyheart  This was a lot of fun to do.

I got several vintage cross-stitch and color point paint pattern leaflets that are hard to find as well as a Precious Moments  cross-stitch kit. I at first thought it was some scrap yarn balls and hooks, but when I looked -- it is so cute.. she crocheted a hanger and they are ORNAMENTS!! :lol  Also a cute red and white crocheted wreath and cute stocking. Also 3 skeins of pretty simply soft skeins of yarn.

I also got a Christmas tree potholder, and square potholder and Christmas dishtowel, A big stick of the REAL peppermint candy! A pretty singing angel, and the cutest country angel to help watch over my country home!!!

Thank you lil_hippie, I really like it all and it was fun opening it up!!

I enjoyed seeing everyone else's pics of their stockings also and so glad we enjoyed this bit of Christmas together!! :ghug post-26273-0-83747700-1450058599_thumb.jpg

• Like 1