I am very lucky to spend a week in Scotland. The autumn here is beautiful.

I made the broom doll witch for a friend and the clothespin witch for another friend. I love the witchy season :)

post-30828-0-48544400-1445458527_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-23540600-1445458712_thumb.jpg

He He.. they are really cute! :).

Here we celebrate Halloween. But I remember something like that in Poland when I was a little girl. I do not remember exactly how that went. All I remember that people or kids were dressing up "weird":). I think it was called "Przebierance", not sure about that name. Do you still celebrate something like that there?.

Enjoy your trip:)

Krys

The Witchies are very cute. I have that book but, I never got around to making any of the dolls.......kept forgetting to buy the brooms. Ahh the tribulations of getting older.

The Witchies are very cute. I have that book but, I never got around to making any of the dolls.......kept forgetting to buy the brooms. Ahh the tribulations of getting older.

Hello Reni:)

What is the name of that book?.. Anna is on vacation she might get back to us after Halloween.. LOL.

Krys

Thank you everybody!

The pattern for the broom doll is from "Holiday mini broom dolls" by Maggie's Crochet.

I didn't use any specific pattern for clothespin one, but you can use any of the angels patterns. I made it here in Scotland and I didn't have the patterns with me.

By the way, I'm not on vacation - I'm at work! I'm here for a school project, I have a meeting with the teachers from 6 other european schools. We work on the project together. But in fact I feel like holidays....

One question -why do the shops have both - Halloween and Christmas exhibits all together???? Is it like that in US?

Thank you everybody!

The pattern for the broom doll is from "Holiday mini broom dolls" by Maggie's Crochet.

I didn't use any specific pattern for clothespin one, but you can use any of the angels patterns. I made it here in Scotland and I didn't have the patterns with me.

By the way, I'm not on vacation - I'm at work! I'm here for a school project, I have a meeting with the teachers from 6 other european schools. We work on the project together. But in fact I feel like holidays....

One question -why do the shops have both - Halloween and Christmas exhibits all together???? Is it like that in US?

Yes it is the same here and the answer is : BUSSINESS!:. They want to sell as much as possible of everything at the same time LOL. Those two holidays are to close to each other for them to be able to separate them. They would not have enough time to sell Christmas stuff. They make most of their money in this time. After New Year they do not make money for a couple months. They do get a lot of returns & exchanges.. LOL.
Yes, there is a lot of big sales after Holidays. At that time they do not make much on that sometimes nothing. Just trying to sell that stuff out of season. Those are the best times to go shopping:).

Enjoy your "Holidays":)

Krys

Archived