freeform w/many different yarns & thread

moonrhythm

Wow, I had never seen freeform crochet before I came to this board and that just inspired me to give it a try.:)

that's awesome! and thank you all for the comments. it still hasn't evolved into a pillow case just yet as i am working on other projects. i add to it here and there. i'll post a finished picture when i finally get it done! your comments are all wonderful and i thank you for taking time out to check it out!

• 1 month later...

I'm sayin' WOW!!!!! That's beautiful! Have you seen Prudence Mapstone's free-form work? She has a new book out called "Never Enough Handbags" or something like that - they're gorgeous, too. I also love your little spray - can you wear it as a pin? You're VERY talented!!!! :clap:yay:cheer

Now that's art. I looked at your other things and fell bigtime for "wrap me up Scotty" You have a gift. Thank you for sharing it.

thank you all so much~* and i love prudence mapstone's work, much to spark the imagination. and yes, this lil diddy turned into a pin for a friend of mine. she seems to like it, which makes me happy. and thanks jimbo, wrap-me-up-scotty is my favorite as i wear it an awful lot around the house, keeps me cozy in winter.

you all rock!

bliss in 2006~*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

That is sooo beautiful Shar! I have never done free form crochet before, but I am beginning to think that I should look into it!:yes And you have a very interesting Blog!

Looked again. Fell for it again. And i thought of you when we were driving through the rolling hills in the California wine country, with all the beautiful colors and trees, and i wondered if you ever tried a landscape. I thought of watercolor, and then i thought of your freeform work and how awsome that would look.

Anyway, your art STILL inspires me!

Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Jimbo

Your Freeform is so gorgeous! I think what I love about it is that you've used mostly earthy colors with a pop of brights. Just beautiful!

I checked out your other photos and I'm pretty impressed with your bullions! I have so much trouble with them, I can count the ones I've done on one hand! Two of them are in my large shawl, so I can at least prove I've done one!

I did buy a new crochet hook from Fancy Kitty on eBay and it has a long smooth neck, so I should be able to have an easier time with the bullions, if I would only practice!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Kim (by LAX)

ah, thanks folks! i'm walking around on cloud nine after reading your comments. i've been itching to freeform for a good while now but sadly, i don't have enough yarn to set out on a project. well, i do have enough yarn, just not enough of colors i like.

jimbo: your comments inspired me! i think my next project might be something in landscape and watercolor~*

all good wishes to all

jimbo: your comments inspired me! i think my next project might be something in landscape and watercolor~*

PLEASE let me know when you do. I'd love to see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived