Wedding gift

Apak

My friend was getting married so I made THIS for her - oh, for the bride and the groom. 

First I wanted to make one more butterfly bike, the same as I made some time ago for my cousin. But I couldn't buy the bike and when I saw this bench, I knew it would work. 

So here it is  :D It will last longer than traditional flowers…..

post-30828-0-32867500-1444946845_thumb.jpg

Thank you everybody!  I was happy to hear from the bride and her mum that they loved it  :manyheart

Very nice, I like that:).

How big is that box-bench?. Can you share the link for that butterfly pattern?.
Krys

Krys,

the bench is about 30cm x 10cm (more or less)

The butterfly pattern is very easy. First I learned how to make the bigger version and then I made it up how to make the small one.

You start with ch 10, join with sl st.

1) 3dc, ch 3 - repeat 8 times, join

2) sl st in the middle dc, then in ch 3 space you make: 1 dc, 4 tr, picot (made of 4 ch) 4 tr, 1 dc - and that you repeat in each ch 3 space. 

That's all. Then you fold it and the butterfly is ready. Well, almost - you can make butterfly's body just with chains and sew it. I used beads on the wire. 

I always starch butterflies made of thread.

Thank you everybody!  I was happy to hear from the bride and her mum that they loved it  :manyheart

Krys,

the bench is about 30cm x 10cm (more or less)

The butterfly pattern is very easy. First I learned how to make the bigger version and then I made it up how to make the small one.

You start with ch 10, join with sl st.

1) 3dc, ch 3 - repeat 8 times, join

2) sl st in the middle dc, then in ch 3 space you make: 1 dc, 4 tr, picot (made of 4 ch) 4 tr, 1 dc - and that you repeat in each ch 3 space. 

That's all. Then you fold it and the butterfly is ready. Well, almost - you can make butterfly's body just with chains and sew it. I used beads on the wire. 

I always starch butterflies made of thread.

Anna, THANKS a LOT! :)

Those butterfly's are very nice. I will try them:)

Krys

One more thing.. :)

Is that the same pattern that you made for your daughter in that beautiful white dress at that church "procession"?.They were probably little bigger.  

I remember those pictures, she looked so beautiful:).

Krys

One more thing.. :)

Is that the same pattern that you made for your daughter in that beautiful white dress at that church "procession"?.They were probably little bigger.  

I remember those pictures, she looked so beautiful:).

Krys

Yes, that's the same pattern. Maybe they looked bigger, but in fact they are the same.

Archived