MM Cascading colours 98309

Wendi789

Question

7 answers to this question

http://www.marymaxim.com/cascading-colours-throw.html

I believe it's supposed to.  It's a corner-to corner pattern, but it's not square (where you increase at each end for a distance, then decrease at each end until you reach the farthest point from the start).   It's a rectangle--at the beginning it will be a 90° triangle, but to become a rectangle, one side has to stop getting wider, and form a straight side (opposite side from the starting point).  The starting corner side will keep 'acting' like a triangle until you reach the top, then you will start decreasing on that side to square it off.

Thank you. I will go back and follow the pattern. I kept thinking it was a square but I couldnt see how it would get there with that left side going straight up and the right side stil going triangle. I found the decrease rows and it just didn't look right.

I finished it. I watched the YouTube vids and followed the pattern exactly. There is something wrong with this pattern. I got 3 perfect points of a rectangle. The last corner looked like stairs. I ended up starting a second pattern and carefully attached rows 1 - 5 to my original blanket. I also have a smaller throw than the pattern states but my tension is fairly tight. Thanks to those that posted responses.

Archived